Details: $15/hr for undergraduates; $20/hr for graduates
1875 I Street Northwest
District of Columbia
The Council of Korean Americans (CKA), a nonprofit organization, seeks a Part-Time Fall Assistant to provide administrative and programmatic support to the organization’s Washington, DC-based team. Responsibilities include the full range of administrative and clerical functions and may include basic researching, editing documents, and assisting with meeting planning.
Preference will be given to those who can work at least 20 hours/week from hire through Wednesday, December 21, 2018. Applicants do not have to be Korean American.
The successful candidate will enjoy working independently and as part of a small team of a mission-oriented organization. S/he will have excellent interpersonal skills and will be a strong communicator and team player. S/he must be able to prioritize projects and tasks effectively, take initiative, demonstrate resourcefulness, and respond flexibly to changing demands in a dynamic work environment.
The successful candidate must reside in the DC area and be able to commute to the CKA office (1875 I Street NW, 5th Floor, Washington, DC). The preferred start date for this position is Monday, September 3, 2018.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Experience effectively managing time, as evidenced by prior work history
- Must have the interpersonal and communication skills necessary to work in a professional setting
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and have the ability to work in team settings as well as individually
- Must be able to juggle multiple projects, prioritize activities, and meet deadlines
- Familiarity with WordPress a plus, but not required
Minimum Education Required