District of Columbia
Great Minds, a rapidly growing DC-based organization developing world-class curricula for Grades PK–12, is seeking a Program Assistant - Professional Development Services to join our mission-driven team of professionals.
At Great Minds, we believe every child is capable of greatness. Our mission is to ensure all students have access to a quality education in the full range of the liberal arts and sciences.
In 2010, Great Minds published the Common Core Curriculum Maps for English Language Arts. This success was followed by being awarded three contracts to develop a PK–12 math curriculum for the New York State Education Department. Great Minds owns this curriculum, which is now widely used throughout the United States and known as Eureka Math.
The Great Minds business model has moved from grant and contract solicitation to direct revenue generation over the last three years. This model shift has produced consistent 20+% revenue growth year over year, in large part due to the success of Eureka Math. Great Minds’ recent release of Wit & Wisdom, their K–8 ELA curriculum, has already gained early adoption in the marketplace. With the imminent publication of core curricula in additional subjects, the company’s business model continues to evolve to sustain its steady and rapid growth.
Great Minds presently employs more than 200 people.
For additional information, please visit www.greatminds.org.
The Great Minds Professional Development (PD) Services team is responsible for the overall management and support of all PD events offered by Great Minds.
The PD Services team communicates with schools and districts utilizing Great Minds curricula (Eureka Math and Wit & Wisdom) to identify their needs and obstacles in implementation and provides suggestions for PD. The Program Assistant will provide support for both PD sales and event logistics.
- Respond to PD inquires via phone and email to inform users of available PD offerings
- Recommend PD and implementation plans for school and districts
- Maintain accurate records of PD inquiries, customer communication and events in Salesforce.
- Organize pre-event logistics for site-hosts and Great Minds facilitators (including coordinating travel arrangements, ordering materials, and confirming venue setup)
- Conduct post-event follow up, such as feedback collection and accounting tasks
- Provide pre-event, on-site, and post-event support for Regional Institutes (large-scale conferences)
- Previous experience in customer service or sales related work
- Event management/logistics experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Willingness to become familiar with Great Minds curriculum.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
- Competence with technology including MS Office suite, willingness to learn additional software including Salesforce.
- Preference for experience in an educational setting and/or support of professional development session.
- DC and remote positions available
Minimum Education Required