In a collaborative, team-focused environment, the Program Manager is primarily
responsible for supporting the planning, coordination, implementation and
evaluation of the 10-Month training curriculum.
The key focus of the training curriculum is to develop the capacity of entry-level
professionals with workplace core competencies, strong critical awareness,
civic engagement knowledge, community building skills and an understanding of
how to embody the program’s core asset-based values. This Program Manager will
also support core program success functions by supporting the effort to ensure
that all Corporation for National Community Service (CNCS), Public Allies, and
CDTech compliance and quality standards and procedures are upheld; supporting
the recruitment, selection, and retention of all Allies (participants);
engaging local community organizations and government agencies in Los Angeles
to partner with Public Allies; developing and implementing rigorous leadership educational
development programs; and, managing and coaching a caseload of 10-15 AmeriCorps
members (Allies) to support their success in the internship placement and program
activities and in their leadership growth and development.
Program Manager’s Specific Responsibilities Include:
- 10-15 Allies. Provide professional
- development for Allies through individual and group coaching, ongoing
- management, and providing supportive and direct feedback to ensure
- leadership development and Ally retention.
- Support the development/coordination, implementation and evaluation Ally Training
- and Learning programs, retreats, and service days. Coordinate with LATTC instructors,
- guest trainers and other stakeholders to ensure classes, guest speakers/facilitators
- and curriculum outcomes are in alignment. Provide opportunities for Allies
- to practice the skills learned during Friday learning days.
- Support the effort to ensure that (1) all understanding and implementation of
- compliance is aligned with updated Public Allies, Inc./AmeriCorps/CDTech
- requirements, (2) all compliance activity associated to Ally Recruitment,
- Onboarding, Retention, and Transition is completed and prepared for Site
- Director review, in a timely and efficient manner, and, (3) all efforts
- are made to ensure no compliance errors; if an error is made, critical
- steps are taken to notify key stakeholders and resolve errors within a
- timely fashion.
- Connect Ally learnings to local and national social justice movements with a heavy
- focus on Asset Based Community Development.
- Commit to upholding the core values of Public Allies/CDTech while being in community
- with AmeriCorps members, staff and other stakeholders.
- Assist in partnership recruitment and engagement with the goal of creating a
- robust Public Allies Los Angeles Partner Network that will build stronger
- relationships between stakeholders.
- Manage and support partnerships between Public Allies and partner organizations
- balancing the needs of the partner organization (placement site) and the
- development of the Ally.
- Support strategies that effectively identify and engage a diversity of emerging leaders,
- community partners, and stakeholders in our program. These strategies
- should increase connections and strengthen relationships between staff,
- current Allies, alumni, and other stakeholders.
- Complete administrative duties related to all aspects of our program, including
- maintaining accurate paperwork/recordkeeping for Ally team, regular
- AmeriCorps reporting, and ensuring Allies and community partners submit
- required paperwork and complete required data entries in a timely manner.
- With an emphasis on the talent and leadership in our local communities, recruit
- Ally candidates from diverse backgrounds. This also includes outreach,
- evaluation of candidates, and service placements.
- Develop and deepen relationships with partner organizations to host Allies,
- support Ally Team Service Projects, and work with Public Allies in
- strategic initiatives.
- Support all CDTech programs and identify cross-organizational opportunities to
- identify Allies, partner organizations, develop curriculum and align
- opportunities to maximize CDTech’s impact in the community.
- Other program related and CDTech organizational duties as assigned.
Summary of Qualifications:
- to CDTech’s mission, vision and Public Allies program core values and the
- power of emerging leaders to transform themselves and their communities.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education, training and
- Significant professional experience in supporting and working with diverse leaders ages
- 18-30+ to achieve their leadership and professional goals (minimum 3
- Significant experience in building community partnerships; developing and managing
- relationships and collaborations.
- Strong links/relationships with social justice, service and direct-action community-based
- Recognition of and relationships with community leaders and training professionals that
- can support the leadership and workforce development of the Public Allies cohort
- and alumni.
- Solid understanding of adult education, community education and ways to engage
- diverse/multiple learning styles with experience planning and facilitating
- workshops and trainings.
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks related to supporting and guiding emerging
- leaders in their career from the educational, relational, emotional and
- social development perspective.
- Strong commitment and asset-based approach to building a just and equitable Los
- Strong and intersectional understanding of racial, economic and social justice.
- Have a passion for leadership development, ability to set and maintain
- appropriate boundaries and high expectations for a quality and
- transformative leadership experience for our Allies and community
- Flexibility and willingness to work long hours (including nights, over-nights and
- weekends when needed).
- Strong preference for and experience in collaborative, team-based work
- Strong outreach and communication skills, including written, verbal, and
- presentations, including comfort with effectively using and engaging in
- social media.
- Proficiency in the use of Windows XP, Google Suite, Microsoft Word, Excel, and
- Model and exemplify the professional and leadership qualities that the Allies
- are being supported to achieve, including confidentiality, integrity and
- Commitment to personal and programmatic excellence.
- Ability to be adaptive, comfort with change and a dynamic work environment.
- Attention to detail, strong time management, organization and project management
- Experience working in diverse work environments.
- Positive attitude in accomplishing responsibilities.
- Creativity in solving problems, with an emphasis on “root-cause” analysis to issues.