Administrative and Development Assistant
- Job posted by Washington Association for Infant Mental Health
<img src="https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/jWlaYZqDg7UtG4SWIMoDv6ON7n8po1lBJ6x9RWUTExAmrNeZPHBApDwPCKeJOZIc2z7GMREjRiLWV3OPVHJ3zgBE9p2jASlVJMeE9E8X1RUEH_R0Ka9bX9Gc5j_0yg2hXqrCW3j9o4aeI-L1mg" height="107" width="456">
Administrative and Development Assistant Job Posting
The Washington Association for Infant Mental Health (WA-AIMH) supports a vital interdisciplinary community of professionals and policymakers in order to promote the social and emotional well-being of young children and their parents and caregivers throughout Washington. We have a staff of 4, an annual budget of $580,000, and a growing membership of professionals who work in infant mental health and early childhood.
The Administrative and Development Assistant position offers a great opportunity to gain valuable administrative, event planning and fundraising support experience in a non-profit environment. This is a part-time position of 15-20 hours per week. It is ideal for a recent graduate or someone with 1-2 years experience in office administration or fundraising work. The Administrative and Development Assistant works closely with and reports to the Executive Director, and supports the entire team on various projects. The WA-AIMH office is located in North Seattle, near North Seattle Community College.
- Support membership communications and programming through regular newsletters, social media posts, database management and managing the renewal process for members annually.
- Support Endorsement® process and communications by sending out renewal reminders, managing payment/invoicing, tracking of scholarships and uploading transcripts and resumes
- Assist with coordinating logistics of board meetings, member events, trainings and a regional summit planned for Spring of 2018.
- Regular data entry and database management using Little Green Light and EASY Endorsement database.
- Daily processing of donations and updating donor information, using WA-AIMH’s database, Little Green Light.
- Manage acknowledgment letters and tax receipt processes, working closely with the organization’s Executive Director.
- Additional tasks include website maintenance, coordination of donor-relation mailings, such as quarterly in-house mailing projects, keeping donor files current, attending weekly Tuesday morning team meetings and other tasks as assigned.
- Understand and support WA-AIMH’s mission
- 1-2 years of administrative experience, preferably in development or event planning
- High level of organization and attention to detail and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at one time
- Ability to communicate strongly and interact well with current and prospective members and donors in person, through email and over the phone
- Able to work both independently and as a team member
- Must exhibit sound judgment in confidential donor matters
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel
- Proficient writing skills
- Database experience, preferable Little Green Light or other donor databases
- Position open until filled. Application review begins March 16th, early applications encouraged
- Start date: March 2018
- Hours: Part time (15-20 hours/week) and flexible between hours of 9am-5:00pm, Monday-Friday, occasional evenings for events
- Compensation: $15-17/hour; vacation and sick leave, 12 paid holidays per year
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required