Details: Matched Salary
900 North Lamb Boulevard
Accelerate Institute, in partnership with Opportunity 180, is looking for a Ryan Fellow for the 2018-2019 school year. We are searching for a candidate with proven success as an educator (MS/HS experience preferred), and experience as an instructional coach and manager (i.e., assistant principal, director of instruction, or similar experience).
The Ryan Fellowship is a program from Accelerate Institute designed to prepare, develop, and support new principals. Ryan Fellows undergo a rigorous selection process and complete a Fellowship Year (Year 0), which includes a 4-week Summer Institute (in partnership with the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University) and a Field Study at a charter school in Las Vegas.
The Field Study is a planning and residency year to prepare and practice the skills necessary to be successful as a principal in Las Vegas. The Ryan Fellow will act as a member of the school’s leadership team. Once the Ryan Fellow moves into the principal position, s/he/they will continue to receive two years of Advisory support from Accelerate Institute.
Here is the link to the application.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a K-12 school-based setting; including 3+ years teaching, and 1+ year(s) in an adult management position
• Charter school experience
• Experience in Title 1 schools, in Las Vegas or surrounding area preferred
• Ability to maintain confidence and professionalism when leading others through ambiguous and complex situations
• Experience in coaching teachers, leading and managing a team with a focus on instruction
• Entrepreneurial mindset with a drive for innovative practices
• Ability to learn, laugh, grow, question, work hard, develop, think big, collaborate, and innovate
• Excellent strategic thinking, problem-solving, relationship building, and communication skills
• Highly self-reflective and strong growth mindset, with proven ability to receive critical feedback and make changes to your practice
Our commitment to diversity:
Accelerate Institute embraces diversity. It is something we have believed in and supported from day one. Having a diverse organization aligns with our commitment to an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or other legally protected status. We are also ready to accommodate physically challenged or special needs individuals that require any special assistance. Accelerate Institute is proud of our history of diversity and is a strong supporter of the community.
Minimum Education Required