JNF has launched the $1 Billion Roadmap for the Next Decade, a ground-breaking and unprecedented plan for Israel's future that focuses on connecting the next generation to Israel, building communities in Israel's Negev and Galilee, and developing infrastructure for ecology, working with people with special needs, heritage preservation, and Aliyah from North America. We are building the land of Israel, helping her continue to grow and blossom into a leader amongst nations and making the world a better place.
This position will be based in our Israel Engagement and Advocacy Department, located in the JNF Manhattan office and will report to the Chief Israel Advocacy and Leadership Officer.
The primary purpose of this job is to manage, promote, and grow the continuum of Israel engagement programs and initiatives of Jewish National Fund aimed at the very young through the college years.
• Direct and supervise Director of Community Engagement, Director of High School and Campus Affairs, and Israel Programs Admissions Directors (IPADs)
• Work closely with National Director of Recruitment, AMHSI on supervision of AMHSI recruitment responsibilities of IPADs
• Hire, train and integrate new staff
• Determine annual goals and objectives on a national and individual level
• Annual staff training
• Oversee IEA budget
• Direct and supervise all IEA national programs and fundraising including:
o K-8 – Blue Box Bob, Tu Bishvat in the Schools, Plant Your Way to Israel, Sababa Society, My Israel Tree, Bnai Mitzvah projects
o Campus - Alternative Break, Birthright Israel, Positively Israel, Caravan for Democracy, College Summit
o Community – Rabbis for Israel, Tu Bishvat across America, Affiliate Program, Yom H’atzmaut events
• Work with national leadership to develop their portfolios and areas of interest
• Work with national organizations and partner organizations, including Jerusalem U, Hillel and Israel on Campus Coalition
Key Job Relationships:
· This position is supervised by the Chief Israel Advocacy and Leadership Officer
· This position supervises professional staff and two Israel Emissaries (Shlichim)
· This individual will maintain existing - and create new - strategic partnerships with pro-Israel campus organizations, major youth movements, educational organizations, synagogues and schools
• Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred
• 7-10 years of related experience working with a non-profit fundraising organization or with an educational institution
• Strong supervisory skills
• The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, creative, and energetic
• Experience with interacting and building relationships to spread IEA mission with lay leaders, professional staff and other institutions
• Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication, and problem solving skills
• Self-motivated strategic thinker, with a proven work record of achieving results
• Strong follow-through and attention to detail; proven ability to set and meet deadlines
• Ability to think collaboratively and strategically, recognize opportunities, identify high return activities, and prioritize them to attain goals
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment
• Knowledge of Israel and current trends in the Jewish community is required.
• Must have Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills; Salesforce experience preferred.
• Passion for Israel and JNF mission
Opportunity to Travel to Israel
•Dental & Vision
•Flexible Spending Account
•Employer-paid Life Insurance
•Employer-paid Short and Long-term Disability
•403(b) and Employer Match
Minimum Education Required