Full Time Temporary
2018 RAPID-RESPONSE NETWORK CAMPAIGNER
FULL-TIME • 6 MONTHS • COMPETITIVE PAY • EXCELLENT BENEFITS • WORK FROM ANYWHERE IN CONTINENTAL U.S.
This is a moment of both great historic political threat and civic engagement. Donald Trump's administration has made the United States more vulnerable and volatile, with threats of war and constitutional crises, and degrading of political institutions increasing every day. Yet people have responded with great strength through a range of activities, including the 360,000-strong Nobody Is Above the Law pledge and a large number of MoveOn members volunteering to meet acute crisis with people-power.
The 2018 federal elections in November are a key opportunity to impact our national trajectory and create a roadblock to Trump and Republicans' ability to advance their toxic agenda, so MoveOn is investing heavily in helping Democrats win the U.S. House of Representatives. As we ramp up our electoral focus, we must also continue to actively defend our democracy and confront Trump's military escalation, while, at the same time, building and sustaining the movements for racial, economic, immigrant, and climate justice.
The Rapid-Response Network Campaigner will support MoveOn's essential advocacy campaigns in the defense of democracy, resisting military escalation, and other critical areas.
- Support volunteer participation and leadership development in two sets of existing rapid-response protest infrastructure—MoveOn's Crisis Response Network and the multi-organizational Nobody Is Above the Law Network—through a diversity of tactics, such as member surveys, online trainings, direct correspondence, and public actions.
- Coordinate communications with and trainings for standing networks of MoveOn member-leaders active on campaigns.
- Mobilize a rapid-response civic response to emerging moments of political crisis and opportunity on a range of issues, which could include mass voter suppression, police violence, and religion-based harassment.
- Work with the campaigns team on coordinating field networks led by MoveOn members and aligned with top priority advocacy campaigns. This will include drafting and sending event recruitments, identifying and supporting MoveOn-member leaders, and working across MoveOn's social media, legal, operations, and communications teams.
- Learn and become skilled at using MoveOn's suite of organizing technology (Spoke, ActionKit, Slack, Facebook) in order to execute specific tactics supporting field and campaign actions.
- Build relationships and liaise positively with internal MoveOn teams and external allies to ensure that they know about and can participate in the emergency plans.
- Experience organizing and supporting political actions: protests, press events, petition deliveries, etc.
- Experience recruiting and coaching volunteers and/or staff. For volunteers, experience driving them up a ladder of engagement and building volunteer teams and communities of support.
- Experience with decentralized distributed organizing that integrates online and offline organizing.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, including the ability to engage effectively with MoveOn staff, stakeholders, and external audiences via traditional and social media.
- Attention to detail in high-energy moments and the ability to work across multiple teams.
- Ability to learn various MoveOn systems for data tracking, email, mobile, and volunteer recruitment.
Reports to: Campaign Director
Location: Position is remote. As part of our virtual office structure, you may be based anywhere in the continental U.S. Some travel will be required. Some non-traditional hours will be required, and flexibility is important. We do make a strong effort to prioritize work-life balance for our team.
Classification, Salary, and Benefits: Full-time; highly competitive salary includes benefits such as 100%-employer-paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for all staff and their children; employer-paid premiums for life insurance for all staff; 13.32 hours accrued vacation per month; 6.66 hours accrued sick leave per month; floating and all-staff holidays; and reimbursement of home office expenses.
MoveOn.org Civic Action and MoveOn.org Political Action provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit application here https://grnh.se/ta1hb0e21