1775 Tysons Boulevard
The Staff Accountant role is an exciting opportunity to support the financial needs and team of a high-growth organization. This position will be responsible for accurately maintaining the organization’s accounting and other financial records.
- Manage all accounts payable including ensuring costs are appropriately documented and approved, entering transactions, and supporting the execution of payments.
- Maintain accounts receivable records, ensuring records are comprehensive and all payments are correctly applied.
- Develop and maintain online and paper filing systems for accounting files.
- Manage accounting schedules, and prepare and enter month end closing entries including allocation of costs and recognition of revenue.
- Prepare and upload payroll, tax, and benefits payments and serve as a primary point person for related vendors.
- Prepare internal and external financial reports, including for GFEMS’ donors
- Support budgeting, both internally and for donor-specific needs
- Support procurement process, including serving as a resource on internal compliance / policy and reviewing and maintaining relevant documentation.
- Support the annual audit and preparation of tax forms and filings.
- Provide additional administrative or other support as requested.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated professional to assume a pivotal role in the evolution of a fast-growing, highly respected initiative. We are seeking an individual of outstanding quality with a respected track record. GFEMS is prepared to offer a competitive benefits package.
Level of Language Proficiency
We are looking for an entrepreneurial candidate with a mix of technical and operational experience, including 1-3 years of professional experience providing a broad range of accounting support in a not for profit organization; and/or equivalent experience. Knowledge of bookkeeping and basic accounting principles is required. Experience with Quickbooks is a plus. Must have excellent organizational, attention to detail, and data entry skills. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email resume and cover letter in a single PDF document labelled “firstname lastname - Staff Accountant” to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Staff Accountant.” You should be prepared to provide references upon request. Note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so interested candidates are encouraged to apply ASAP.