Full Time Temporary
2018 MERCHANDISE DISTRIBUTION PILOT PROJECT MANAGER
FULL-TIME • 3 MONTHS • COMPETITIVE PAY • EXCELLENT BENEFITS • WORK FROM ANYWHERE IN CONTINENTAL U.S.
MoveOn is determined to make the 2018 elections a turning point, helping Democrats win the U.S. House to create a roadblock to Donald Trump and Republicans' ability to advance their toxic agenda, while building the broader progressive movement, and electing new champions who can help lead our country to a better future in state and local races across the country.
The Merchandise Project Manager will work with the merchandise team to build an entirely new way of identifying and activating thousands of new MoveOn supporters in the lead up to this critical election. Using rigorous testing and optimization, you’ll harness MoveOn’s digital tools and build upon our track record with merchandise to design new processes that operate at a massive and rapid scale, distributing thousands of creative, high-quality, stickers and other merchandise that convey progressive messages.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the merchandise project, working closely with MoveOn’s Platform Director and Membership Growth team, Campaigners, and our Merchandise Logistics manager
- Design, rigorously test, and optimize the proof-of-concept merchandise distribution system primarily using MoveOn’s extensive social media reach and, at times, email offerings and SMS to our members
- Identify, test, and optimize sticker distribution channels—including but not limited to email, SMS and social media—focusing on the topline goal of bringing new or reactivated members into relationship with MoveOn
- Closely monitor merchandise distribution to ensure compliance with budget and growth goals
- Continually focus on ideating and improving the overall project to achieve our topline goals
Preferred experience and skills:
- 5+ years of experience in project management with excellent project management judgment and skills in a fast-paced environment
- Analytic background, including experience working with postgreSQL strongly preferred
- Experience managing, evaluating, and optimizing Facebook ads, and other forms of digital advertising
- Detail-oriented, with experience with data-driven decision-making
- High degree of creativity, focused on innovation and problem solving
- Strong political judgment, with passion for and grounding in progressive political campaigns, social movement culture, and electoral politics
- A keen eye for exciting cultural moments when energy for progressive merchandise may surge
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, including the ability to engage effectively with MoveOn staff and partner groups, as well as with designers and creative collaborators at times
- Ability to be effective in an organization whose team members all work remotely
Reports to: Platform Director
Location: Position is remote. As part of our virtual office structure, you may be based anywhere in the continental U.S. Some travel may be required. This position will be expected to have availability during East Coast business hours; given the potentially rapid-response nature of this work, some non-traditional hours will be required, and flexibility is important. We do make a strong effort to prioritize work-life balance for our team.
Classification, Salary, and Benefits: Full-time; highly competitive salary includes benefits such as 100%-employer-paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for all staff and their children; employer-paid premiums for life insurance for all staff; 13.32 hours accrued vacation per month; 6.66 hours accrued sick leave per month; floating and all-staff holidays; and reimbursement of home office expenses.
To Apply: Please submit an application here to be considered for this position.
MoveOn.org Civic Action and MoveOn.org Political Action provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Minimum Education Required