Details: commensurate with experience, with competitive benefits package
The IT Coordinator is responsible for supporting ongoing technical operations and new information system uptake through the creation of training materials and other documentation, by leading technical trainings and onboarding for the staff of the National Network of Abortion Funds (NNAF), and providing timely and effective assistance in response to requests submitted through the IT help desk. Day to day responsibilities include designing and implementing training curricula, working with NNAF teams to document internal processes and workflows, administering organizational data including document archives, assisting staff in troubleshooting IT problems, and elevating incidents to IT Security Manager as needed. This position will work closely with the IT Security Manager to ensure internal learning outcomes are closely aligned with organizational strategic goals, security requirements, and existing policies and procedures. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, organized, patient, able to communicate complex technical concepts to a variety of audiences, and capable of working well both alone and in collaboration with others.
Supervised by: IT Security Manager
Status: The position is full-time, non-exempt, salaried.
Essential Job Functions
Training and documentation (approximately 40% of the position):
- Develop and implement training in software and information systems in use to onboard new staff.
- Develop and implement an ongoing training program for NNAF staff.
- Create an evaluation plan with measurable indicators to assess the efficacy of training programs.
- Work with staff to document internal processes and workflows.
- Document use and troubleshooting of software and information systems by staff.
- Create and update IT-facing documentation to support administration and troubleshooting of technical systems
- Assist IT Security Manager in developing an internal knowledgebase of information about NNAF tools, processes, and workflows.
- Assist IT Security Manager in evaluating options for new systems and software for use within NNAF; assist in implementation and provide necessary training for effective use.
Technical support (approximately 30% of the position):
- Act as point person for responding to NNAF staff members’ requests for assistance in troubleshooting, configuring, or using information systems, software, and hardware
- Assist with the ongoing development of an internal help desk system to track requests for IT assistance from NNAF staff. Evaluate potential integrations and configuration improvements with third-party vendors for help desk software in conjunction with IT Security Manager.
- Ongoing administration of tickets in help desk system, including reporting on ticket status, time to close, and other metrics as requested by IT Security Manager and other members of staff.
- Administer, monitor and test ongoing data backups and disaster recovery processes.
- Monitor the operation and health of staff computers and report unexpected behavior, security incidents, and other concerns to IT Security Manager.
- Setup and deployment of new computers for staff, common hardware for office space, and hardware for events and other temporary use.
- Creation and deletion of accounts for new users of information systems.
Knowledge management (approximately 20% of the position):
- Organize document and file repositories for improved accessibility and maintainability.
- Identify training needs and procedural gaps in knowledge management processes.
- Develop information storage, retrieval, and retention guidelines in accordance with NNAF security and confidentiality requirements.
- Train and provide ongoing support to staff in implementing and sustaining knowledge management procedures in alignment with guidelines.
Other (approximately 10% of the position):
- Actively participate in required convenings, summits, retreats, and staff meetings, and participate in required virtual staff communications.
- Protect the organization by keeping information confidential.
- Update professional knowledge by participating in educational opportunities approved by NNAF, maintaining networks, and participating in professional organizations as relevant to your role.
- Perform duties required of all staff to support smooth internal operations such as submitting timely expense reports, reimbursement requests, and timesheets.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Ability to travel as job requires, approximately six times minimum per year. Travel will primarily be overnight, for approximately 2 - 5 days, and national. Regardless of where employee lives, and barring travel delays outside of an individual’s control, employee must be able to arrive at destination on-time.
Job experience requirements
- 2-4 years or more in a role with relevant technical responsibilities, such as help desk technician, IT trainer, or similar.
- Experience administering file storage and retrieval systems.
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration, network installation, and cloud service configuration
- Experience with laptop and desktop computer setup, problem diagnosis, and provisioning of repair services.
- Training background preferred
Specific skill sets
- Mid-to-high level technical knowledge of computer hardware, cloud services, and common desktop software
- Familiarity with usage, configuration, and troubleshooting of Mac and Windows operating systems and hardware
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders; ability to translate technical language into accessible language for a wide variety of audiences, including low-resourced organizations or organizational leaders with a wide range of technical skill levels.
- Ability to use discretion when handling confidential information
- Troubleshooting and reporting of network connectivity and stability problems.
- Committed to abortion access and full reproductive health care for all.
- Committed to an intersectional framework that includes, but is not limited to gender, economic, and racial justice.
- Ability to enjoy collaboration and be a part of a dynamic, highly productive and integrated team; maintain flexibility and effectively manage ambiguity in a responsive work environment.
- Self-motivated, organized, patient, detail-oriented, and able to work without significant day-to-day supervision.
- Open to giving and receiving feedback and committed to practicing this regularly.
- Belief in bucking the trend through progressive policies to create a new vision for our future.
- Appreciation of working with diverse staff and board in an organization committed to racial justice.
- Capable of working well both alone and in collaboration with others
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with different abilities to perform the essential functions.
- Depending on location, a combination of in-office and virtual office at this time. Must be able to participate in online virtual communications including email, video conferencing, and other online tools used to facilitate virtual office culture and work sharing.
- This position is full time, with employee’s regular full time schedule to be approved by supervisor. Regular hours must include attendance during core business hours from 12:00pm – 5:00pm Eastern Time, Monday through Friday. Occasional work on evenings and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to conduct business in English; however, fluency in languages other than English is a plus.
- Smoke- and drug (illegal or recreational)-free environment.
- Some work at off-site locations may be required; NNAF aims for accessibility in any off-site location that we have control of, but some of them may not be fully accessible.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and scanners. Employee is regularly required to talk, hear, see, and communicate effectively via computer.
- This role requires frequent sitting. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 to 40 pounds.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Click the following link and upload your resume and cover letter. If you have any questions or trouble with the application process, send a message to jobs [at] abortionfunds.org.
NNAF is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any individual based on any non-merit factor, and is committed to an equitable workplace where everyone is treated as a respected and valued member of the team. In fact, NNAF actively seeks to build and maintain a diverse staff with regard to race, culture, ethnicity, class, religion, physical ability, age, gender, and sexual orientation. As an organization working in solidarity with the reproductive justice movement, NNAF is committed to fostering the leadership and elevating the voices of women, young people, people of color, Native people, immigrant and refugees, low-income people, LGBQ+, and transgender, gender non-conforming, and non-binary people, people who have had abortions, people with disabilities, young parents, people who were formerly imprisoned, people who have received funding for abortions, and people living in the many intersections of these experiences. We encourage people from these communities to apply.