2318 Mill Road
Do you want to apply your programmatic and administrative skills to help conquer cancer and make a difference in the world?
Cancer strikes more than 10 million people worldwide each year. As the leading medical society representing doctors who care for people with cancer, the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is committed to conquering cancer though research, education, and promotion of the highest quality patient care.
Who we are:
ASCO is a stable, forward-thinking, growing membership organization that operates in a results-focused work environment in which employees’ evaluation emphasizes performance outcomes. This is an Alexandria, Virginia-based position that offers an excellent benefits package, subsidized parking or Metro benefits, and opportunities to participate in professional development programs. To learn more about ASCO, please visit www.asco.org/jobs.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a high performing and enthusiastic Program Assistant, Educational Meetings to join our Education, Science and Professional Development (ESPD) department. The selected candidate will provide administrative support to the planning and implementation of ASCO’s educational meetings and symposia, particularly the ASCO International Meeting.
If you’re an organized individual, with excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, we want to hear from you!
What you will do:
· Assist supervisor in developing timelines, project plans, and other materials in the development and delivery of ASCO meetings
· Support all aspects of the planning processes and program development for the International Meeting
· Schedule and support planning conference calls for educational and scientific content
· Provide the highest level of customer service for email and phone accounts across meetings
· Accurately prepare and distribute committee and faculty correspondence, which includes responding to inquiries, producing meeting minutes, coordinating travel and housing, assisting in inviting and confirming meeting faculty, and assisting in preparing all related materials
· Provide onsite support at the ASCO International Meeting and other meetings as assigned, including preparing documents and disseminating onsite details to committee members, faculty, and abstract presenters, as well as staffing of the Faculty Registration office
· Maintain and provide staff support for databases, websites, meeting applications, and online tools
· Review marketing materials and publications and provide edits for supervisor review
What you will need in order to be successful:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training or related work experience
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook); and an openness to embracing and learning new technology
· Enthusiasm, good judgment, and excellent communication skills (listening, verbal, and written)
· Strong customer service skills
· Self-managed with proven skills to use initiative, time management, and organizational skills to prioritize work to deliver results with attention to detail
· Professional demeanor and presence including the ability to handle confidential information
· Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills; team-oriented approach
· Ability to travel 11-20 days per year (international and domestic)
Ideal candidates will also contribute:
· Experience working in a non-profit organization
· Interest in education, professional development or related programs
ASCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Minimum Education Required