Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
361 W 125th Street
The Futuro Media Group seeks a Senior Development Manager who will work as part of a three-person team to develop and implement the organization’s fundraising efforts. The Senior Development Manager will identify, research, cultivate, steward, solicit and grow a portfolio of philanthropic organizations and individuals. The Senior Development Manager will also be part of the team responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive annual fundraising plan for the organization, including income projections, donor research and prospections, and membership-related activities. This full-time position works in close collaboration with the Senior Management team and the Board of Directors.
The Futuro Media Group is an independent nonprofit organization producing multimedia journalism that explores and gives a critical voice to the diversity of the American experience. Based in Harlem and founded in 2010 by award-winning journalist Maria Hinojosa, the Futuro Media Group is committed to creating multimedia content to empower people to navigate the complexities of an increasingly diverse and connected world.
Futuro Media produces: Latino USA, NPR’s first national Latino news and cultural weekly radio program; In The Thick, a political podcast from the perspective of journalists of color; and Latino Rebels, an independent online news service focused on the Americas. The company’s TV/video products include America By The Numbers with Maria Hinojosa, a documentary series on PBS revealing the human stories behind America’s dramatic demographic changes, and Humanizing America, a digital-shorts web series distributed by NBCNews.com that presents intimate profiles of diverse Americans. Futuro Media also stages live civic engagement events in conjunction with content aired on our media properties to promote community dialogue on race, culture, and identity.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The candidate must:
- Support and execute an integrated fundraising strategy
- Create and execute fundraising campaigns
- Personally cultivate, foster and expand a portfolio of funders and funding prospects
- Develop and implement long-range plans for donor engagement and involvement
- Develop unique ways to engage current and prospective funders
- Draft donor correspondence and other written materials, including annual solicitations, proposals, letters of intent and reports, as well as talking points, presentations, fundraising newsletters, acknowledgements, and on-air pitches for donations.
- Initiate and coordinate donor meetings, provide donor briefings to senior management, and help close solicitations
- Help to plan and oversee cultivation and fundraising events
- Help motivate and mobilize board members and others to engage in solicitations and other cultivation activities
- Act as a strong ambassador for the Futuro Media Group, including attending external meetings and events
- Be proficient in using Salesforce as a research and analytical tool
SUCCESS IN THE JOB WILL REQUIRE:
- An understanding of development finance
- Ability to keep strict confidentiality regarding sensitive subjects and donor information
- Ability to solve problems as they arise
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration and effective communication across all departments
- An appreciation of Futuro’s mission to report on untold stories, underreported communities and cutting-edge storytelling
- Sensitivity to a workplace environment committed to diversity
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Three to five years of experience with proven track record of successful fundraising in a non-profit setting
- Strong knowledge of donor databases, preferably Salesforce
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter and creative thinker
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organization skills
- Exceptional skills in diplomacy
- Understanding of current trends in audio, video, and digital media
- Sense of humor
Minimum Education Required