211 N. 13th Street
Vetri Community Partnership (VCP) is a 501(c)3 organization whose mission is to break the cycle of poor eating habits in low-income communities through fresh food, hands-on experiences and education. The organization currently facilitates culinary-education and nutrition-education programs in approximately 60 schools in Philadelphia and Camden, N.J.
VCP seeks a full-time Finance and Administrative Assistant at its Center City Philadelphia office. This individual must thrive in a modern, fast-paced office environment supporting several culinary programs. Ability to manage special projects along with day-to-day tasks is fundamental to this position.
Major responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Bookkeeping and Financial assistance:
- Help with financial data entry and general bookkeeping
- Manage data, records, and reports by checking for errors and verifying accuracy of information
- Prepare receipts, vouchers, invoices, etc. for entry into data sheets
- Assist in preparation of financial statements and reports
- Assist in creating and settling budgets
- Update and maintain financial records
- Prepare spreadsheets for data entry, including budgets, accounting information, etc.
- Take direction from and report to business manager
- Independently prioritize daily tasks and responsibilities
- Provide stellar customer service to our clients and be informed on all company policy and practices (including data privacy)
- Attend and take notes at all financial department meetings
- Assist with audits as necessary
- Adhere to current accounting/finance laws and regulations
- Work to company standards
- Maintain an accurate Quickbooks file
- Act as primary point of contact for outside controller
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Coordinate monthly and quarterly financial report generation
- Maintaining accurate and thorough physical files to ensure audit compliance.
- Office organization and supplies management
- Liaising with external IT support company
- Administering monthly credit card charge reporting and managing monthly statement payment
- Assisting program teams and managers as needed
Supporting executive staff
- Assisting CEO, COO, and business manager with report preparation, meeting preparation, and scheduling
- Working with the business manager to complete onboarding and off-boarding paperwork
- Assisting as needed in maintaining HR files
Performing other Duties as Assigned.
Work Experience & Skills Requirements:
- Must have bookkeeping experience in a professional setting.
- Computer knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Quickbooks Desktop version, Office 365 and Sharepoint.
- Experience with Adobe and VoIP systems preferred.
- Mathematical and accounting acuity
- Professional demeanor and excellent customer service skills
- Knowledgeable in basic accounting/bookkeeping practices and processes
- Excellent communicator, both spoken and written
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Thrives working both independently (a self-starter) and collaboratively
- Dependable, respectful and consistently works to uphold company ethics and standards
- 1-3 years office experience required.
Vetri Community Partnership offers:
- Health Care
- Dental Plan
- 401 (k)
- Commuter Benefit
- Sick Days/Vacation
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit cover letter & resume as attachments to an email to email@example.com. All e-mails must utilize the subject line “Last Name, First Name – Finance Assistant” to be considered.