American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), a membership organization dedicated to the advancement of women's health care in Washington, DC, is currently seeking Program Assistant to provide program support to the Senior Director of Practice Activities-Gynecology, Director of Practice Bulletins-Obstetrics, Director of Practice Bulletins-Gynecology, and Managers, Work Groups and Task Forces, and related committees, task forces and work groups in the Practice Activities Division.
- Provide administrative support, including but not limited to: transcribe, proofread, finalize and distribute correspondence; maintain subject files; maintain record of monthly honoraria disbursements; copy correspondence and documents; coordinate mailings. Provides phonne coverage as needed.
- Update and maintain Practice Division database to track document development division-wide. With other Practice staff, identify elements for inclusion or refinement in the database to facilitate document tracking and report generation for internal and external distribution, as needed. Research technical requirements for needed modifications and execute programming to adjust function and architecture of the database. Provide initial training to staff on use and function of the database, and provide periodic updated training on new elements to allow use and tracking by all division members. Maintain currency of Practice Bulletins documents' status in the database for development, review and publication.
- Provide assistance for meetings, including: issue meeting notices; maintain meeting roster; work with the Meetings department to coordinate hotel and travel arrangements for members; assemble and distribute paper and electronic agenda materials; arrange for meeting space, group dinners and catering; arrange audiovisual or other meeting needs; provide support (copying, revision of documents, etc.) during meetings; develop preliminary draft of meeting minutes.
- Assist with coordinating document development, including tracking manuscript development and notifying authors and Committee members of upcoming deadlines. Work with the Legal department to coordinate contracts for authors; Track and maintain countersigned contracts and disclosure information for authors; Prepare and distribute monthly progress reports of documents; maintain document files. Prepare manuscripts for publication including manuscript formatting, preparing submission form and memo; and distributing final manuscripts.
- Prepare and distribute committee documents for review; coordinate committee or Task Force, work group, Clinical Document Review Panel, and Executive Board e-mail manuscript review; maintain lists of current members of each review body; gather and compile review responses.
- Provide administrative support for grants, task forces, work groups and other special projects including meeting and travel arrangements and document assistance. Prepare materials for mass mailings.
<img src="https://rs.careerliaison.com/pixel/zvp4j7tgmh399y4r"><img src="https://analytics.click2apply.net/v56XrA1IVRxlRUgAVsgapy">
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of one year of experience in an office setting; Experience with healthcare issues and medical terminology preferred
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of computers including Windows, MS Office applications, including Access, and Adobe Acrobat;
- Excellent spelling and proofreading skills
- Ability to work with others, to meet deadlines and to handle a diverse work load.
- Demonstrated ability to set own priorities, to follow through on assignments without supervision, to show good judgment and attention to detail.
- Flexibility to work on several projects at once.
- Good telephone manner and ability to relate well to a variety of people.
American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) is a membership organization dedicated to the advancement of women's health care through continuing medical education, practice, and research. When you join ACOG, you're joining an organization that promotes growth, development, and flexibility. People who work at ACOG are driven to reduce barriers to contraception for all women, regardless of income, employment, or state of residence.
- Our passionate team! Our team is led by experts in reproductive and maternal-fetal medicine, patient safety, and health care policy. We strongly believe in equal access for all women to high quality, safe health care. Our obsession with reducing maternal mortality, protecting access to contraception coverage, and addressing health disparities, has led to great strides in federal and state legislation. Join our team and help us advance the ob-gyn profession and women's health care.
- We love to learn! As an educational organization, ACOG provides learning opportunities to members and employees alike. Our learning opportunity benefits include tuition reimbursement, onsite instructor-led trainings, leadership development programs, and participation in professional organizations.
100% Paid Parental Leave – Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace – Work/Life Design (i.e. flexible work schedule) – Commuting Allowance – Generous Paid Time Off – Holiday Pay – Community Volunteering Opportunities – Generous 401(k) Company Contributions – Health Insurance – Learning Opportunities and Tuition Reimbursement – Company-Sponsored Team Outings
ACOG is an EEO employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. As a federal government contractor and in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and Executive Orders, the College takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees covered are not discriminated against because of their race, color, religion, national origin, sex (gender), age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. For more information about your equal employment opportunity rights, please view this poster: EEO is the Law. The College also participates in E-Verify.
Minimum Education Required