- Responsible for facilitating employment and termination of staff in accordance with agency’s Personnel practices.
- Supervises subordinates in carrying out their responsibilities as well as preparing them for more responsibility.
- In conjunction with the Assistant Executive director and mental health services direct, is responsible for training and development of staff. Seek to develop and make use of talents, skills and abilities of each individual and to apply these where they will make the most effective contributions to the program.
- Responsible to maintain staff morale utilizing creative supervisory techniques such as employee recognition, positive communication, etc.
- Reviews and evaluates staff performance regularly according to agency procedures.
- Responsible for the establishment and implementation of an effective working schedule for all staff in the program.
- Approves, under advice from supervisors, all personnel requests for vacation, leave of absences, etc.
- Implements agency policy and procedures.
- Helps plan, direct and coordinate all aspects of programs to insure that quantity and quality of service meets high standard.
- Remains educated and informed of the latest developments in Child Care and seeks ways to improve service.
- Responsible for his own professional development. Should also be aware of any significant changes in the field as well as being willing to attend outside conferences, seminars and workshops as requested by the agency.
- Delegate’s responsibilities and authority to those relating to him and hold them accountable according to their role as defined in their job descriptions.
- Responsible for submission and approval of purchase requisitions.
- Responsible for development and maintaining a budget of over three million dollars annually.
- Must approve all requests for overtime.
- Responsible for 24 hours Administrative coverage for agency.
- By being in residency on facility grounds or through the use of intercom/telephone and beeper system.
- Assume responsibilities of Assistant Executive Director in his absence.
- Is a regular or Ad Hoc member of Program Committee as designated and assigned by the Assistant Executive Director.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Acceptable background clearance check through State Central Register and compliance with health regulations for physical examination and Mantoux testing Master Degree preferably in Social Word, Psychology, Human Services or related field. Demonstrated supervisory experience preferably in a healthcare or social services setting
NYS License Preferred
: PROGRAM DIRECTOR -708
: New York-Queens-Jamaica
Minimum Education Required