Details: Compensation is commensurate with experience.
1111 14th Street NW
GoodWeave International works to end child labor in global supply chains. Focusing initially on the South Asian carpet industry, GoodWeave fulfills its mission by creating market demand for products certified as free of child and forced labor, monitoring supply chains, rescuing and educating child laborers, and providing critical services for weaving families.
Having proven its model and built partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as Target Corporation, Macy’s, and The Otto Group, the organization is now expanding operations on the ground and into new product markets. GoodWeave is adapting its market-driven model to other new sectors including home textiles, apparel, fashion jewelry, tea and is helping to create a “better brick” industry in Nepal. Being a part of the GoodWeave team is to be on an award-winning social entrepreneurial team that is on the frontlines of the movement to end modern slavery.
Overview of the Position:
The Staff Accountant reports to the Chief Financial Officer and, working with GoodWeave’s outsourced accounting firm, performs accounting and reporting activities in accordance with non-profit Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. The position is responsible for daily accounting transactions, to include the timely and accurate completion of bill processing and payment, licensee invoicing, cash receipts, and financial report generation. The ideal candidate would have a strong background in A/P, A/R, grant reporting, financial statement preparation and a commitment to GoodWeave’s values of social responsibility.
- Process vendor invoices using Intacct/Bill.com accounts payables system; review invoices and check requests for appropriate approvals and general ledger coding; sort and match invoices and check requests; prepare and process accounts payable checks and wire transfers; mail vendor checks; and reconcile payments
- Monitor purchase orders and accounts to ensure payments are up to date; resolve invoice discrepancies; maintain vendor files; correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries; process, distribute, and maintain 1099s
- Process scheduled outgoing wire transfers and record transactions accordingly
- Prepare credit card report templates for upload into Intacct
- Maintain vendor files
Cash Receipts/Accounts Receivable:
- Perform quarterly billing for GoodWeave’s 150+ importer licensees globally and monitor associated accounts receivable
- Prepare licensing upload templates for import into Intacct accounting system
- Process incoming checks for deposit and maintain check log
General Finance Operations:
- Perform fiscal and administrative management for major funding contracts, including generation of general ledger reports for monthly closing and year-end audit; and provide administrative support to the Finance team as needed
- Prepare budgets and other financial deliverables, reports and invoices for submission to governmental and other donors
- Assist with the annual audit preparation
- Other tasks/assignments/research as needed
- Perform additional duties as requested by management
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting or related field required.
- At least three years of professional experience in nonprofit accounting
- Working knowledge of nonprofit accounting and financial management.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong working knowledge of Intacct or similar accounting software.
- Strong analytic, strategic and planning skills.
- High level of personal responsibility and desire for growth.
- Experience in government grant accounting and compliance highly desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, aptitude for working with a wide range of individuals, and strong collaborative teamwork skills.
Candidate must thrive in an autonomous, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. GoodWeave’s nonprofit-business hybrid model requires business-oriented staff, committed to changing the way business is being done.
GoodWeave offers a generous health care and dental plan, a simple 401K retirement plan, paid vacation and nine paid holidays per year.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please email resume and cover letter (explaining why your skills and experience are suitable for this position) to:
Chief Financial Officer