Details: $16 per hour
Assistant Concessions Manager
San Francisco Playhouse is the second-largest nonprofit theatre company in San Francisco. Having grown from storefront to 199-seat theatre in just 15 years, we are powered by a team of energetic and innovative theatre lovers. Founded in 2003 as a 501(c)3 not-for-profit theatre company, our programming includes a six-play mainstage season and a three-play Sandbox Series of world premieres, plus a Rising Star Education Program for high school students. Refer to our website, sfplayhouse.org, for more information on our company.
We are seeking an Assistant Concessions Manager to join our friendly Front of House Team! In addition to performing standard concessionaire duties, the Concessions Manager is responsible for supervising and scheduling concessions staff, as well as meeting Concessions sales goals. Due to the nature of this position, Concessions Manager may work outside the hours of standard concessions shifts.
As of: April 27, 2018
Status: Part-Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
Hours: Approx. 20 - 25 per week
Schedule: Weekends and Evenings required
Assistant Concessions Manager reports to the Concessions Manager. Key Responsibilities Include:
- Serves as one of two concessionaires during performance run concessions shifts.
- Serves as primary concessionaire for monthly reading series (select Monday evenings) and theatre rentals (as needed, generally Mondays or daytime on other weekdays).
- Assist Concessions Manager with scheduling concessions shifts for performance runs and other events
- Assist Concessions Manager in maintaining Concession Supplies inventory
- Assist Concessions Manager in meeting Budgeted Concessions Sales Goals
- Attend regular staff meetings
- Other duties as assigned
· Customer Service Experience Required
· Bartending Experience Required
· Catering Experience a plus
· Previous Management experience a plus
· Computer savvy and a people person
· Ability to lift 20-30 lbs, use stairs and remain standing for 2 hours at a time
· Evening and Weekend Availability Required
· Must be a flexible team player who can think on their feet
· If you can have fun at work while maintaining a professional, positive attitude, you are the person for us!
· $16 per hour
o Paid Sick Leave (per state and local ordinances)
o Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
o HCSO Compliant Health Expense Policy
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required