Development Associate, Donor Systems - Data Management
- Job posted by Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC)
40 West 20th Street
Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is the nation's most effective environmental action group, combining the power of more than two million members and online activists with the expertise of nearly 500 scientists, lawyers, policy advocates, and other professionals across the globe ensure the rights of all people to the air, the water, and the wild. NRDC was founded in 1970 and our staff helped write some of America's bedrock environmental laws, including the Clean Water Act, and many of the implementing regulations; our water enforcement cases played a major role shaping current water policy throughout the country. Today, our staff – a force for nature - work out of offices in New York, Washington DC, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Bozeman, Montana and Beijing.
NRDC seeks a Development Associate to work in our New York office. The Development Associate will work to support the Development Donor Systems – Data Management function, with an emphasis on reporting needs, process documentation, data projects, and training efforts for the Development department as we continue our systems migration and build out new process on Salesforce.
Reporting & Data
- Develop and prepare reporting solutions, including both standard and ad-hoc reports as requested by Development, management, trustees and others as needed.
- Manage the distribution of scheduled Salesforce reports to the Development Department and external vendors.
- Assist in reporting of data for every donor constituency.
- Work with Gift Processing colleagues to ensure that donation information is appropriately reflected in the database and data issues are addressed.
- Assist in continuous data integrity and clean-up project, both scheduled and ad-hoc.
Training & Process
- Manage scheduling of Salesforce new user trainings and assist in scheduling of larger trainings.
- Maintain and update training articles and documentation.
- Participate in Salesforce user trainings with the goal of eventually taking over trainings.
- Maintain and update Salesforce Knowledge articles
- Help develop and support Salesforce specific processes for Development staff
- Help document business process and guidelines for Development
- Help track projects and timelines
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2-3 years of experience required.
- 2 years Development experienced preferred.
- Extensive Excel experience required.
- Salesforce experience strongly preferred.
- Training experience preferred.
- Systems based thinking skills.
- Project management skills.
- Sound judgement and the ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to effectively interact with a wide range of internal constituents.
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity and expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, for positions based in San Francisco, CA we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply, please visit www.nrdc.org/careers and upload your resume and cover letter through our online portal. Please no phone calls, emails, faxes or in-person resume it drop-offs. Please reference where you saw this posting. NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are having technical difficulty while applying, please reach out to Customer Care by dialing
For further information about NRDC, please visit www.nrdc.org
Minimum Education Required