The Advocate Counselor serves as the primary person in guiding students through the academic, social and personal expectations that are involved in achieving a High School diploma and establishing realistic post-secondary plans. The Advocate Counselor serves as liaison to outside resources and partner to a Generalist teacher.
- Recruit students, conduct intake assessments and interviews
- Engage students’ families and assist with identified needs
- Provide student and family referrals to community resources
- Work in a collaborative team, including participation in staff meetings, retreats, staff development in order to support student progress
- Monitor and document student attendance and academic progress
- Conduct attendance outreach, including home visits
- Provide counseling, crisis intervention, conflict mediation and assistance as needed
- Plan and facilitate groups with students
- Partner with Generalist Teacher in the classroom in order to serve and support a class/caseload of twenty-five students
- Support the College and Career Coordinator and Internship Coordinator
- Develop and implement student enrichment activities and after-school electives
- Other duties as required
SCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Bachelor's Degree in related field required. MSW preferred.
- Two years working with at risk youth
- Group work experience preferred.
- School-based experience preferred
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required