The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) works in 190 countries and territories to put children first. UNICEF has helped save more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization, by providing health care and immunizations, clean water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more. UNICEF USA supports UNICEF's work through fundraising, advocacy and education in the United States. Together, we are working toward the day when no children die from preventable causes and every child has a safe and healthy childhood. For more information, visit www.unicefusa.org.
Senior Associate, Stewardship
UNICEF USA seeks a Senior Associate of Stewardship to support the Development Division in stewarding UNICEF USA’s Major Donors, Mid-Level Donors, Corporate Partners, Planned Giving Donors, Global Cause Partners, Foundation Partners and Special Event donors and sponsors. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Donor Communications, the Senior Associate will manage donor and partner acknowledgements, collect invitee lists for internal and external engagement opportunities, draft donor communications on behalf of frontline fundraisers, and manage additional projects as needed to carry out the division’s communications and stewardship strategy. The Senior Associate will collaborate and work laterally with other team members and fundraisers based across the United States to support our ambitious divisional fundraising goals.
Key Responsibilities/Outcomes (include but are not limited to):
-Oversee and manage the donor and partner acknowledgement letters for Major Donors, Mid-Level Donors, Corporate Partners, Planned Giving Donors, Global Cause Partners, Foundation Partners and Special Event donors and sponsors with the goal of increasing the level of service to UNICEF USA’s largest organizational and individual donors
- Draft and maintain acknowledgement letter templates in alignment with determined departmental partnership and supporter stewardship objectives
- Manage acknowledgement letter vendor relationship, including Workplace Giving acknowledgements
- Work with frontline fundraisers and the Office of the President to customize and deliver acknowledgement letters
- Ensure data accuracy through coordination with UNICEF USA’s Development Analytics team and familiarity with the donor database
-Coordinate donor and partner stewardship opportunities for the Development Division
- Clearly present opportunities to Division leaders and frontline fundraisers for UNICEF USA donors and partners to attend or participate in internal and external meetings, forums, and other events
- Distribute and manage nomination and invitation lists
-Other projects and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and three to five years administrative and/or fundraising experience
- Experience in a stewardship role is preferred but not required
- Keen attention to detail, with a high level of focus on accuracy and quality
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet strict timelines
- Ability to work in a diverse, fast-paced environment and flexibility to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to handle highly sensitive information appropriately and maintain confidentiality
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; experience with donor databases
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Must demonstrate UNICEF USA Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork, and Service
Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary is commensurate with experience. In addition, UNICEF USA offers a comprehensive benefits package.
UNICEF USA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply at: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=UNICEFUSA&cws=1&rid=1028