Network - Educational Data
Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to annually serve more than 2,500 youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of six PreK-12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our commitment to rigorous academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community engagement, and health and wellness, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We dream big, as well, with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to serve 3,500 students across seven schools—growing our organization's impact and leveling the playing field for all children. To learn more, visit wearedream.org.
DREAM is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as Senior Director of Data and Assessment
for its network of rigorous PK-12 public charter schools and out of school time programs. Reporting to the Managing Director of Educational Strategy and Data, the Senior Director of Data and Assessment
is responsible for overseeing all data collection, management, reporting, and analysis for DREAM's schools and programs. The ideal candidate is a results-oriented team player who is willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done through proactive problem-solving and the ability to adapt to changing and challenging circumstances. They demonstrate eagerness for continuous personal development, possess outstanding project management skills, and have a demonstrated ability to build trusting and collaborative relationships with staff at all levels. This is an exciting opportunity to drive long-lasting impact in a growing organization.
Like all DREAM employees, the Senior Director of Data and Assessment
, should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility. Candidates must also understand and value DREAM's comprehensive approach to school, youth development and desire to make a lasting impact in underserved communities, while contributing to the expansion of a dynamic organization.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Leadership:
Data Systems Management:
- Supervise a team of 3 Data and Assessment Managers and a Data and Assessment Associate and lead them through weekly coaching, professional development, and process creation and oversight;
- Work with the Managing Director to create and continuously improve a comprehensive strategy for collecting, managing, and using data;
- Develop, maintain, and disseminate role-specific training for all staff members on utilizing data systems, tools, and reports;
- Collaborate with school and program leaders to develop and implement data cycles that drive continuous improvement.
- Manage DREAM's student information system and other databases by implementing clear protocols to ensure data quality;
- Build infrastructure for automated integration of student information and data across multiple platforms that enables scalable, self-serve dashboards in data visualization tools such as Tableau or Google Data Studio;
- Optimize database systems and serve as point of contact with 3rd-party database vendors regarding development and technical support.
Data Reporting & Analysis:
- Oversee and support the entire test administration process for all DREAM assessments to ensure that testing procedures are routine and include smooth, efficient distribution and collection of materials;
- Oversee and support the administration of internal and external student, staff, and family surveys.
- Lead the design, development, and management of report and dashboard solutions to ensure that DREAM staff at all levels of the organization have the information they need to make effective decisions;
- Provide additional data reporting and analysis as needed for external accountability, compliance, or development tasks;
- Develop the data and evaluation support needed for strategic initiatives including expansion, DREAM's Grow the Whole Child model, and DREAM's Teacher Career Pathway.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION At DREAM, diversity, equity, and inclusion are a matter of mission.
- Bachelor's Degree required; relevant Master's degree preferred;
- At least five years of relevant professional work experience;
- Experience working in a K-12 education setting;
- Demonstrated success managing a team and/or multiple complex projects;
- Experience building and managing data systems and processes and analyzing data with exceptional accuracy and attention to detail;
- Strong quantitative and technology skills with demonstrated ability to quickly learn new systems;
- Expert fluency with Microsoft Excel;
- Experience with statistical software, data visualization, and/or programming languages (e.g., SQL, R, Python).
From our schools to our playing fields, DREAM is committed to building a team where each individual can bring their full identity and experience to work because representation matters—it enriches our team culture, enhances our ability to innovate, and strengthens our impact in and out of the classroom. DREAM engages staff that represent and appreciate the diversity of our majority Black and Hispanic student body, while working to ensure that our practices are equitable, welcoming, and productive. We are dedicated to creating a world where youth, especially youth of color, have permission to dream—along with the tools and opportunities to make their dreams reality.
Come dream with us.DREAM MAXIMS
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/m62jnPiYzJAGSWGeFrlEb" />