1012 14th Street NW
District of Columbia
The largest nationwide network of Korean American voters, the Korean American Grassroots Conference (KAGC) is seeking a passionate individual to join the team as a program coordinator. Throughout the year, this person will coordinate several events, conduct research on public affairs and legislative development, assist program director in outreach efforts, and assist in general document processing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to constituent inquiries on the phone and on the web;
- Assist in communication and arrange meetings with elected officials;
- Coordinate events (meetings, seminar, etc.);
- Carry out outreach efforts with constituents, including college students;
- Conduct research on public affairs and legislative developments on issues relevant to the mission;
- Report to Program Director and assist with additional projects as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree;
- Previous work experience preferred, but not required;
- Strong organizational, communication (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, high-exposure environment with a small team;
- Ability to work with a diversity of people, organizations, communities, and cultures;
- Teamwork, leadership, self-initiative and willingness to learn and adapt;
- Korean language proficiency is a must.
Level of Language Proficiency
English & Korean
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume by email. It is significantly helpful if you provide us with a writing sample both in English and Korean.