4800 South Paulina Street
Essential Functions of the position are detailed below, and include any physical requirements below that.
1. Responsible for maintaining, updating and submitting routine and ad-hoc reports, as necessary.
2. Maintains up-to-date and accurate client files and databases, as required by agency/programmatic policies and procedures, professional standards, and external requirements of all relevant regulatory, licensing, funding or accrediting bodies in the course of performing job expectations.
3. Completes all required documentation in accordance with agency/programmatic policies and procedures, professional standards, and external requirements of all relevant regulatory, licensing, funding or accrediting bodies.
4. Works with enrolled families to develop Family Partnerships/Goals to assist with but not limited to job readiness, bill assistance and additional social service needs either by referrals within Catholic Charities or external agencies.
5. Contacts families with the assistance of the Head Start Health Aide to ensure completion of medical forms and enrolls children into the Head Start program and ensures all necessary signatures, documents and paperwork is completed.
6. Coordinates and completes mental health data tracking on children identified for individual observations.
7. Facilitates and organizes workshops, trainings and social events for participants and families to enhance parentings skills, understand child development and prepare for job readiness.
8. Participates in on-going recruitment activities designed to increase enrollment in the program.
9. Maintains up to date knowledge in the field by attending seminars, workshops and in-service trainings, obtain at least 20 professional development hours annually per requirements of Gateways to Opportunity, obtains Gateways to Opportunity credentials relevant to position and works to increase credential levels as applicable to funding, accrediting and regulatory requirements.
10. Must be fluent in English and Spanish to provide language interpretation for clients with limited English proficiency.
PLEASE NOTE: Essential functions include all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
X Kneel and move from sitting, bending, kneeling or standing multiple times a day.
X Push and pull objects up to 35 pounds.
X Climb up and down up to 3 flights of stairs at a time.
X Lift up to 35 pounds.
X Additional Requirements: Must be able to walk, run and participate in physical activities with small children. Must be able to bend, stoop and sit at the children's level. Must be able to rearrange classroom equipment and supplies.
Other Requirements Comply with program and/or Agency requirements related to (check all that apply).
X Background check, including any program specific requirements.
X Physical examination
X TB Testing
Education and Experience Requirements:
Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or in a related Social Service field, and course work in Early Childhood Development
Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or in a related Social Service field
Preferred: 3 years in Social Services and/or in Head Start Programs. Knowledge of Head Start Performance Standards in Social Services, Family Partnerships, Parent Involvement, Community Partnerships and Recruitment.
Minimum: 1 year in Social Services and/or in Head Start Programs. Ability to gain knowledge of Head Start Performance Standards in Social Services, Family Partnerships, Parent Involvement, Community Partnerships, and Recruitment.
Preferred: CPR and First Aide.
Minimum: CPR and First Aide certification within the first 12 months of employment.
The Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Chicago is an equal opportunity employer and consideration for employment is made without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For purposes of OFCCP (Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs) compliance, all initial submissions received through this website will be treated as job seekers.
Level of Language Proficiency
Must be fluent in English and Spanish to provide language interpretation for clients with limited English proficiency.
Minimum Education Required