The National Endowment for Democracy (NED) a federally funded, private, nonprofit grant making organization that works to support freedom around the world, seeks an IT Helpdesk Analyst – Tier 1 to work in the Knowledge Management & IT Department. This position is based in Washington, D.C.
The IT Helpdesk Analyst (ITHDA) is responsible for providing Tier 1 level support for timely, accurate, and responsive resolution of computing hardware, operating system, application, phone, mobile device, and other technical support issues for the end-user community. The analyst will assist with the implementation, support, and management of current and future hardware and software technologies. The ITHDA also coordinates with senior IT staff and management to implement, review and update help desk related policies and procedures for maximum efficiency.
- Serve as first-line customer service, providing tier 1 helpdesk support to all Endowment staff
- Diagnose technical issues, provide technical analysis and engage appropriate resources to speed problem resolution
- Perform triage and manage the NED helpdesk ticketing system
- troubleshoot and resolve problems to fulfill requests
- respond/update help desk tickets upon problem or request resolution
- escalate or refer tickets as necessary
- ensure closed helpdesk tickets are adequately documented
- provide follow-up status to end-users in accordance with specified support policies and procedures
- Assist in coordination/provision of mobile devices for employees based on requests
- Configure mobile devices, install software, and image equipment
- Manage add/change/delete requests for phone system
- Maintain workstation hardware and peripheral inventory and storage
- Organize and maintain storage facilities, server rooms, and workroom space
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the Endowment; increase personal knowledge of the technical environment; improve ability to operate all support tools and technologies
- Access and provide technical solutions to frequently asked questions and use resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution
- Provide administrative assistance for department documentation and standards
- Develop and present short technical presentations to Endowment staff
- Participate in new-hire orientation for NED’s computer systems
- Provide technical support to other Analysts and work closely with all IT team members in order to streamline support
- 2+ years of direct support to end-users of information systems, or relevant experience in a technical or customer support environment;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Other Qualifications:
- Understanding of information systems technology including common computer applications, operating systems, hardware, networks, and messaging systems;
- Knowledge configuring, installing, troubleshooting, and repairing PC and laptop hardware and software technologies;
- Demonstrated technical, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Excellent customer service skills when dealing with staff at all levels;
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to interpret customer needs and provide thorough and complete support;
- Ability to maintain professionalism under pressure;
- Must be organized, versatile, and possess strong administrative skills;
- Must be able to work both independently and as a team member;
- Ability to facilitate and present to large audiences.
Applications must include a cover letter, resume, desired salary, and contact information for three professional references. Please, no phone calls. For more information, please visit our website at www.ned.org or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The NED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.