4040 NE 2nd Ave.
About ICA Miami
ICA Miami is dedicated to promoting continuous experimentation in contemporary art, and to the exchange of art and ideas throughout the Miami region and internationally. Launched in 2014 and currently located in the landmark Moore Building, ICA Miami will open its new permanent home in Miami’s Design District in 2017. The museum is deeply committed to providing open, public access to artistic excellence by offering year-round free admission.
About the Position
The Executive Assistant will provide high-quality administrative and clerical assistance to the Director in a timely, professional, and effective manner. In addition, the Executive Assistant will provide support to top-level management and assist in the overall operations of the museum together with the Visitor Services, Development and Administrative staff as needed.
The Executive Assistant’s main duties include scheduling and organizing meetings for the Director and museum staff, supporting the Director and Development department in donor management, making travel arrangements, organizing daily calendars, assisting in office management and coordinating uses of public and internal meeting spaces. ICA Miami’s ideal candidate should be proactive, take initiative, be a clear and effective communicator, have excellent time management skills, be familiar with technology and be a creative problem solver.
Ultimately, the Executive Assistant should be able to anticipate, identify, and address the needs of the Director in addition to senior management and be able to formulate and execute solutions to those needs in a timely manner.
· Support Director of museum in administrative and clerical tasks;
· Coordinate daily calendars for ICA Miami staff, focusing on Director and additionally top level management;
· Act as liaison for ICA Miami Trustees and Director, both internally and externally;
· Lead organization, scheduling, preparation and execution of Board and Committee meetings;
· Act as point of contact between ICA Miami Trustees and select art fair representation, including Art Basel Miami, Art Basel Switzerland, Frieze, and Armory Show;
· Plan and organize appointments and meetings; coordinate with Development and Events team;
· Make travel arrangements as needed;
· Manage phone calls, conference lines, and emails;
· Facilitate internal communication; and
· Oversee other office tasks as needed.
· Bachelor’s or Bachelor of Fine Arts degree required;
· Must be adaptive and a fast learner;
· Strong communication and writing skills;
· Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive information;
· Must be able to work flexible hours (coming in early and leaving late as needed, availability for events outside of usual office hours);
· Familiarity with online calendars, cloud systems including Google Drive / Google Apps;
· Experience in office management;
· Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote, and CRM systems;
· Experience using office and tech equipment, including printers, filing systems, VoIP phone systems, postage machines, computers, monitors, projectors, and adapters; and
· Experience in graphic design, strategic planning, managerial/planning software, and donor relations a plus
Equal Employment Opportunities
Institute of Contemporary Art, Miami, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ICA Miami complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Minimum Education Required