Details: Competitive salary and benefits package offered.
See what a job can do!
REDF (the Roberts Enterprise Development Fund) is a pioneering venture philanthropy galvanizing a national movement of social enterprises—purpose-driven, revenue-generating businesses that help people striving to overcome employment barriers get jobs, keep jobs, and build a better life. For people with histories of incarceration, homelessness, mental illness, substance abuse, and limited education, social enterprises provide the paying jobs and services they need to stabilize their lives, develop a work history, and build skills and conﬁdence. When employees are ready, social enterprises help them ﬁnd lasting, competitive employment.
Research shows this approach works. It leads to greater economic security and mobility and a signiﬁcant rate of return to society—$2.23 in beneﬁts for every $1 spent.
Since 1997, REDF has invested in over 100 social enterprises in 21 states. To date, those businesses have earned $392 million in revenue and employed nearly 24,000 people (and counting)
Brief Job Description:
You will create greater connections among the Employment Social Enterprise field both regionally and nationally through the REDFworkshop platform. Under the direction of the Principal Consultant, Strategic Partnerships, you will focus on creating and fostering relationships among REDFworkshop members, be the pulse on identifying and connecting with social enterprises throughout the US, determine trends and innovations to share, and implement services that will help develop, grow, and organize employment social enterprises as a robust sector.
• Work in partnership with the Product Manager to deliver an effective REDFworkshop.org platform that connects the field and builds an impactful network among employment social enterprise practitioners.
• Create and manage a membership outreach/engagement strategy to result in identification and verification of employment social enterprises new to REDFworkshop, net new workshop members/employment social enterprises, and active retention of existing members.
• Work in partnership with REDF communications team to produce and deliver creative content highlighting the work of members and design content/membership campaigns to increase visibility of employment social enterprise and REDFworkshop engagement.
• Identify issues of relevance to convene/gather employment social enterprises to collectively engage and advocate.
• Provide personalized and individualized member services that compliments the products of REDFworkshop and REDF programs.
• Collect and report data to measure impact of REDFworkshop engagement to REDF, the members, and field.
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years of experience
• Service oriented – able to identify needs and provide excellent platform support to REDFworkshop social enterprise members
• Strong creative skill set, able to develop and partner with others to create compelling content for online/website materials and video.
• Must be organized, detail oriented, able to manage competing priorities, event logistics, and excellent follow through skills
• Effective written/oral communication; well-developed research skills and interpersonal skills, including diplomacy, tact and patience
• Strong skills working with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook and ability to work extensively at a computer
• Ability to travel for work periodically within California and domestically
• Ability to help craft REDF’s next 15 years of impact
• Work with passionate, dedicated people
• Apply your passion for social change in your career
• Operate with a high degree of autonomy in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Competitive, comprehensive benefits package
Please submit resume and cover letter as one file through REDF’s online applicant portal.
Equal Employment Opportunity
REDF is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, or veterans’ status or other status protected by applicable law.
REDF encourages employment applications from people who are representative of the culturally and ethnically diverse communities REDF serves.
If you need an accommodation to complete the online application, please call 415.561.6633. Please leave a message and a member of our Human Resources team will return your call within one business days. Alternatively, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Applicant Accommodation” in the subject line of the email. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accommodation to apply for a job.
Comprehensive Health Plans
Personal Time Off
401(k) with Employer Match
Competitive salary and benefits package offered.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply at the REDF.org careers site.
Please submit your resume and cover letter as one file when applying.