970 Jefferson St. NW
Food Well Alliance is excited about the next phase of our organizational and mission development. We are seeking highly-motivated, community-driven leaders to join our team who share our vision of an equitable, livable Atlanta. We are building an alliance of collaborative leaders and organizations that will work cross-sector and cross-culture to support viable, thriving community farms and gardens in the metro Atlanta region. We will do this by mobilizing and prioritizing resources for farms and gardens, as well as working to ensure local growers are included in decision making in policy and urban planning. Core to this work is raising awareness across all demographics, sectors, and industries that urban farms and gardens are more than just local food production and access; they are also critical to the health, wealth and resilience of our communities. To help us get there, Food Well Alliance needs to find an outstanding Administrative Coordinator.
The Administrative Coordinator is an exceptionally motivated solution-maker and an administrative whiz. S/he follows through on every task, no matter how big and takes full responsibility for each project s/he is assigned, from keeping staff schedules to processing invoices to typing Board reports. The Administrative Coordinator epitomizes reliability. S/he will provide flawless administrative, financial, logistical, and occasional research, editing, and writing support, all the while remaining flexible and responsive to our dynamic, start-up environment. The Administrative Coordinator is core to Food Well Alliance’s office and community culture and works directly with the Executive Director to create efficient processes and maintain systems to ensure our team works effectively.
- Represent Food Well Alliance through your communications and interactions with supporters, acting with warmth, respect, and sophistication at all times.
- Support the Accountant with detailed bookkeeping functions, including approving invoices and payments, processing expense reports, etc.
- Serve as the administrative liaison between the Atlanta Community Food Bank and Food Well Alliance staff, Board of Directors and members.
- Manage the Executive Director ’s calendar and ensure all information is up-to-date and represented accurately.
- Develop and maintain systems and processes to help maximize the staff’s time, including supporting our Grants Manager with grant check administration.
- Manage all organizational documents and files
- Undertake key projects at the request of the ED , e.g. organizing staff off sites, researching and securing new vendors, and producing new organizational documents and materials.
- Provide occasional research, writing and editing support.
- Answer the main phone line and info email address. Screen, direct, and/or respond to all inquiries.
- Track and plan acknowledgement of birthdays, work anniversaries, and other key staff milestones.
- Have an eye for design, and ensure all of documents and meetings reflect explicit branding requirements.
- A consummate professional. You have an intuitive feel for sensitive situations and communicate with tact, discretion, and grace internally and externally.
- So organized, its contagious. You have remarkable attention to the smallest details with meticulous organizational skills.
- Reliable. People can rely on you because you are good at keeping calendars and timelines.
- Warm, welcoming and more than willing to help. You get joy from surprising and delighting the people around you.
- Remarkably people-oriented. You’re comfortable communicating with all types of people -- from farmers to executives.
- Passionate about accuracy. You pay attention to detail, and possess excellent grammar, spelling and proofreading skills.
- A multitasking machine and live for hitting deadlines.
- Tech-savvy. You bring a high degree of fluency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, G-Suite and CRM systems like Salesforce.
- A source of calm, even in the state of crisis.
- Comfortable interacting with high-level executives, partners and donors
- Passionate about Atlanta and/or local food!
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, preferable
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in human resources, finance, or office administration
- Expertise in G-Suite, Dropbox and Word.
- Health & Wellness Benefits Package
- Flexible time-off and remote working
- Fun, supportive, hard-working team
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume in one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org, to the attention of Kim Karris, Executive Director by noon, Monday, September 10, 2018. IMPORTANT: Include "Administrative Coordinator" and your last name in the subject line of your email and in the title of your PDF document. Example: Administrative Coordinator_SMITH.
Your one-page cover letter should tell us two things:
- A real-life example of just how organized you are!
- Why YOU should be Food Well Alliance's next Administrative Coordinator
DIVERSE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Food Well Alliance is a community of leaders who are proud to represent many different racial, socio-economic, gender, and other identities. Our diversity as a community is our strength, driving our ability to be empathetic, visionary, and effective leaders in the local food movement and our city.