205 E 42nd St
The Operations Assistant - Facilities is a critical part of NV’s Admin Unit and will be responsible for general upkeep and maintenance of New Visions Central Office. The responsibilities include daily tasks such as office maintenance, maintaining relationships with vendors and building management, helping with setup and clean up of events, monitoring maintenance of critical organizational equipment such as HVAC, and afternoon coverage of reception desk. The Operations Assistant- Facilities will report to the Office Manager.
About New Visions:
Since 1989, New Visions for Public Schools has sought to improve schools and classrooms in New York City, the nation’s largest school district. We currently support over 100,000 students in over 342 schools, working with teachers and administrators to help students progress towards graduation and beyond into post-secondary success.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for general office appearance
- Routine inspections of premise to determine repairs needed
- Monitor internal service desk system to address facilities issues reported by staff
- Coordinate repairs and visits with facilities vendors
- Ensure that facilities issues are identified and repaired quickly
- During business hours, support organization events
- Conference room set-up, breakdown and special requests
- Assist with catered food deliveries, including set up
- Maintain open workstations, and set up for new staff. Update floor plans, as needed.
- Liaise with building management
- Ensure that building management is delivering quality services
- Attend trainings provided by building management and ensure compliance with emergency procedures
- Process bicycle storage requests
- Process facilities related invoices
- Coverage of Reception (2 hours per day), including receipt of deliveries
- Miscellaneous tasks and special projects as needed
Education and Experience:
- One or two years administrative or facilities experience preferred
- Associate’s required, Bachelor’s preferred
Required Skill Sets and Knowledge Base:
- Friendly, approachable and professional demeanor. Work collaboratively with all levels of staff
- Meet assigned deadlines and adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Reliable, punctual and dependable
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PPT), Google Suite (Gmail, Google Drive, Docs, Sheets) preferred
- Ability to lift boxes and/or files (approximately 25-30 lbs), operate office equipment, and bend or stand as necessary.
New Visions for Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply directly on our website.