135 Parkinson Avenue
Reports To: Senior Director Finance & Administration
Purpose: The purpose of the Senior Accountant position is to manage and ensure the integrity of accounting information. Supporting APDA’s staff and their mission thru the recording, verifying, distributing and compiling of information and transactions. The purpose of the Senior Accountant is to support the accounting function by preparing entries and reports that enable efficient report generation that will be used by management and staff.
· Prepare and record entries for asset, liability, revenue, and expense accounts.
· Compile, review and analyze account balance information.
· Maintain and balance subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies.
· Manage daily inquiries from staff, vendors and management.
· Maintain general ledger.
· Prepare balance sheet and profit and loss statement, including monthly management reports.
· Prepare monthly, and year end, accrual entries.
· Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
· Update skills and knowledge thru educational opportunities, professional publications and organizations.
· Assist with annual audit and tax preparation.
· Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting,
· Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a small to medium sized accounting or non-profit firm
· Experience with Quickbooks Enterprise
· Proficient with Excel
Related Skills and Knowledge:
· Knowledge of GAAP requirements
· Ability to prioritize and manage processes
· Excellent planning and evaluation skills
· Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
· Demonstrated problem-solving and ability to work well under pressure
· Computer proficiency in MS Office/Excel and Quickbooks Enterprise
· Ability to Maintain Confidences and Build Trust
· Stakeholder Focus
· Problem Solving
· Managing Change
· Building Collaborative Relationships
· Emotional Intelligence
· Excellent Math Skills
· Proficient Writing Skills
Minimum Education Required