Chashama helps create a more diverse, equitable and inclusive world by partnering with property owners to transform unused real estate into artist workspace, presentation space and space for free art classes for seniors and youth.
We strongly encourage BIPOC, AAPI, Hispanic/Latinx, LGBTQIA+ and all applicants of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds to apply. Chashama is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Chashama is seeking a Grant Manager with experience in applying for government and foundation grants.
Work with Consultants to:
- Manage Chashama Grants calendar
- Maintain and update grant calendar
- Organize/devise seasonal strategy for proposals, reports, LOIs, and oversee the management of this calendar strategy;
- Maintain task lists for each proposal, report, LOI, and contract;
- Track progress of all grant proposals, LOIs, reports, and renewals and update supervisor about funding statuses quarterly.
- Manage Grants meetings and inter-departmental relationships/collaboration
Plan agenda for and conduct meetings between:
- Grants team
- Grants & Programs
- Grants & Accounting;
- Actively work to make our grants more collaborative and transparent across departments by holding regular meetings, organizing department updates, and facilitating communication and data sharing across Programs, Accounting, and Grants.
- Write proposals, reports, LOIs, and create budgets for grants
- Develop effective and compelling proposals, reports, LOIs, supplemental documents, and budgets for grants.
- Direct and manage data collection for Grants & Chashama
- Design, write, and distribute surveys to collect qualitative and quantitative data on Space to Present, Space to Create, and Space to Connect;
- Manage, maintain, and organize data for Space to Present, Space to Create, and Space to Connect sheets quarterly;
- Manage Grants logistics, portals, and coordination for processing awards
- Create department protocol and putting new procedures and workflows in place to optimize time management, organization, documentation, correspondence, and accountability with Programs and Accounting departments;
- Maintain up-to-date information in all our grants portals and accounts with city, state, national, and foundation funders;
- Oversee paperwork for processing awards and sending/drafting acknowledgement letters;
- Manage Grants Gateway, SAM.gov, HHS Accelerator, and other city/state/federal funding portals.
- Hire and manage Grants interns;
- Misc. Grants responsibilities:
- Build, manage, and sustain relationships with current and potential donors (i.e. invite to events, send customized acknowledgement letters);
- Attend organization events as requested to cultivate and develop relevant relationships, and generate interest, rapport, and awareness for Chashama’s mission.
- Communications duties:
- Manage all external communications and develop organizational language. Serve as the voice of the organization and oversee all publicized language;
- Help draft organization mission statement and boiler plate language;
- Write and maintain website copy;
- Oversee writing in all press releases and miscellaneous communications materials;
- Attend openings, artist studios, performances and take photos and interview artists to gather testimonials.
- A strong interest in NYC’s cultural landscape and a passion for the arts.
- Familiarity with non-profits, galleries, performance venues and arts administration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a strong sense of initiative, and be highly organized.
- Fluency in MS Office, Google Applications and Windows OS.
- Familiarity with Adobe Design Suite preferred.
- Experience with SharePoint or other databases a plus.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proven organizational, multitasking, and problem-solving skills
Time Commitment: Full-time, 32 hours. Salary commensurate with experience.
Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Grant Manager” in subject.