1616 P Street NW
Resources for the Future (RFF) is an independent, nonprofit research institution in Washington, DC. Our mission is to improve environmental, energy, and natural resource decisions through impartial economic research and policy engagement.
We’re looking for an innovative marketing specialist to help elevate our organizational profile and brand. The position, based in the communications team, will be responsible for generating impactful digital marketing and social media campaigns, newsletters and invitations, and marketing collateral. Candidates with an interest or background in the fields of environmental, energy, and natural resource policy, and who share RFF’s mission and organizational values, will be particularly well suited to the role.
Marketing Newsletters and Campaigns:
- Develop impactful marketing strategies, both digital and print, to promote our organization and its research products.
- Plan and implement marketing automation workflows that increase audience engagement with our events.
- Conceptualize, plan, and execute email marketing campaigns and strategies that help to increase engagement with RFF events and research products.
- Oversee the use of our Google AdWords grant.
- Help to compile marketing and development materials such as our annual report, one pagers, and introductory videos.
Digital and Social Campaigns:
- Manage social media platforms for RFF and its programs and initiatives, fostering greater engagement with users, generating interest in RFF events and publications, and expanding our overall audience reach.
- Closely monitor social media engagement analytics, set growth targets, create reports to assess effectiveness, and proactively develop innovative ways to strengthen RFF’s social media presence.
- Develop organic and paid social campaigns.
- Develop impactful digital marketing strategies.
- Deploy videos and rich imagery to amplify engagement.
- Manage website content for RFF’s programs and initiatives and RFF events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Public Policy, Environmental Policy, or a related field. A minimum of two years’ relevant marketing experience is preferable.
- Exceptional writing and analytical skills, including the ability to craft compelling language for fundraising, event invitations, newsletters, social media, and other marketing responsibilities.
- Experience managing social media accounts across Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram, optimizing tone and messaging tactics for each platform.
- Proven track record using social media to amplify engagement and grow audiences.
- The ability to juggle many ongoing projects, proactively identify potential problems or opportunities, independently prioritize when confronted with many competing tasks, work under pressure, and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational and project management skills. Experience using Asana or similar project management tools would be highly beneficial in this role.
- The ability and desire to collaborate closely with fellow communications and policy professionals.
- Graphic design experience, including working knowledge of software like Adobe InDesign, would be beneficial, but is not essential. Candidates with portfolios or links to prior graphic design work should include these in the application.
- Candidates with an interest or background in the fields of environmental, energy, and natural resource policy, and who share RFF’s mission and organizational values, will be particularly well suited to the role.
The ideal marketing specialist will bring at least one additional skill to the role. Such as:
- Experience creating videos or animations.
- Graphic design, illustration, or mapping skills; experience in Adobe Creative Cloud a plus.
- Photography experience.
- Experience running ad campaigns in Google AdWords.
Candidates with any of these skills are encouraged to include examples of prior relevant work products in their application. All interested applicants for this role should submit a thoughtful cover letter and current resume via www.rff.org/about/careers.
Salary is competitive. RFF benefits include a collegial environment, 20 days annual leave, 13 days sick leave, 3 days family medical leave, 10 holidays, medical insurance, educational assistance, and commuter benefits.
Due to the anticipated volume of interest, we are unable to respond to telephone or email inquiries regarding this position.
RFF is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We are unable to sponsor a work-related visa for this position.
RFF benefits include a collegial environment, 20 days annual leave, 13 days sick leave, 3 days family medical leave, 10 holidays, medical insurance, educational assistance, and commuter benefits.
Minimum Education Required