30 Fairfield Street
Located in the heart of Boston’s Back Bay, Kingsley is an independent day school guided by a unique blend of Montessori philosophy and innovative programming. Kingsley offers a Montessori education tailored to the talents, curiosity, and growth of each student. Our progressive, inquiry-based programs cultivate students’ social and academic development and prepare them to advance successfully to top public and private middle schools. Our core values of knowing every child during their Foundational Decade of Learning and partnering with parents propel students to reach their potential.
Kingsley has a busy admissions landscape, and there are many events to plan and families to serve. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to join a team of professionals who collaborate with high expectations toward common goals.
Reporting to the Director of Admissions, the Admissions Assistant supports all functions of the Admission Office. Primary responsibilities include supporting all aspects of Enrollment Management including parent relations, representing Kingsley at events, data entry, database and file management (ONproducts/Blackbaud), event coordination, and general support to the Early Childhood building community. This is a full time, 12-month position.
- Provide outstanding customer service to prospective and current school families, both in person, on the telephone, and via email.
- Parent visit and child visit scheduling
- Coordinate with parent volunteers and teachers
Administration & Events
- Serve as administrative support staff to the Director of Admissions
- Collaborate with Marketing & Communications team regarding Admissions communications
- Event planning, logistics, setup, and break-down
- Staff admission office when Director of Admissions is off-site
- Learn basic information about school and answers to frequently asked questions to better serve prospective families making inquiries
- Within six months on the job, be able to lead a campus tour for a prospective family
- Prepare folders for a variety of events
- Maintain RSVPs for Admission events
- Prepare admission files for all applicants
- Represent Kingsley at evening school fairs
- Complete organizational tasks for all Admission events, including staffing registration table, room setup, making name tags, obtaining and setting up refreshments, completing maintenance requests, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Become the Blackbaud OnBoard platform guru
- Run reports in Veracross
- Build and generate diverse reports for projecting and tracking enrollment
- Data-analysis and report preparation, including NAIS and others
- Create reports from admission database as directed, include status reports of admission funnel progression, re-enrollment of returning students, and attrition. Assist in the preparation of statistics as requested by the Director of Admissions.
- BA/BS degree required
- Admissions, Montessori, or marketing experience preferred
- Excellent computer skills, including Blackbaud, Google suite, Veracross. Ability to learn new platforms.
- Organizational skills
- Logistical and creative thinking
- Attention to detail
- Polished communication skills
- Commitment to excellence
- Positive, will do, collaborative attitude
- Ability to walk up and down flights of stairs
This is a full time, 12-month position, offering the following benefits:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Professional development opportunities
- Qualified transportation program
- Tuition reimbursement for eligible employees seeking Montessori Certifications
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
TO APPLY, CANDIDATES SHOULD SEND THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION* BY EMAIL:
- A cover letter describing your interest in the position with an overview of your background and experience with admissions, administration, and marketing
- A current resume
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SENT TO:
Karen Diamond, Assistant to the Head of School—firstname.lastname@example.org
*electronic file names must be in the following format:
FirstName LastName CoverLetter Year
FirstName LastName Resume Year