States United Democracy Center, a nonpartisan organization focused on the critical role states play in election protection, is hiring a Project Assistant to provide high-level administrative and research support to the CEO. The Project Assistant will be responsible for supporting the CEO in preparing for daily meetings and events, scheduling, and creating briefing materials, taking notes, drafting agendas, and making travel arrangements among other tasks. The Project Assistant will report directly to the CEO.
- Provide a full range of administrative support to the CEO, including arranging travel, maintaining Outlook calendars, scheduling meetings, preparing expense reports, answering and screening calls, and maintaining file systems.
- Book and coordinate all of the CEO’s travel arrangements.
- Coordinate and manage the CEO’s schedule, including working with other staff to ensure meetings and presentations are executed seamlessly.
- Schedule internal and external meetings in-person and via video conferencing; adjust and prioritize last-minute changes, including logistics like conference rooms, attendees, and catering.
- Prepare all materials for CEO activities and meetings, including agendas, background materials, and memos.
- Track key contacts and relationships, meeting requests, and CEO workflow.
- Draft correspondence, written remarks, and talking points on behalf of the CEO.
- Take notes at meetings.
- Format, proofread, and fact check research, reports, and other materials.
- Track key contacts and relationships as the organization adds new partners.
- Set up, maintain, and assist team members to stay organized through file systems, document sharing, to do lists, and work stream trackers.
- Collaborate with the COO, Program Manager, Communications Director, and other members of the States United leadership team to prepare and/or assemble briefing materials for events and meetings.
We seek a candidate with administrative skills, strong communication and organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task and remain nimble.
- Experience working with senior executives is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Highly organized, extremely detail-oriented, self-motivated, ability to handle confidential information, and have a demonstrated ability to respond effectively to changing workloads and priorities.
- Professionalism, tact, and diplomacy in interactions with senior professionals internally and externally.
- Ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times.
- Ability to use sound judgment and discretion in order to work appropriately with confidential and/or sensitive information.
- Demonstrate strong critical thinking, problem solving, research, and decision-making skills, and be extremely detail-oriented.
- Strong written and communications skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to anticipate potential challenges and prepare solutions as contingencies. Excellent problem solver with an ability to creatively leverage resources to arrive at a resolution.
- Display a positive attitude and demonstrate concern for people and community, self-confidence, common sense, good listening ability, and a collaborative attitude.
- Some evening and weekend work is required.
Annual salary will be $50,000.
States United Democracy Center offers generous benefits, including 100% employer-paid health, vision, and dental plans.
Offices will be based in Washington, DC, and Boston, MA. This position will require the ability to work out of our future Boston, MA office on a regular hybrid basis.
States United Democracy Center is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.