Digital Marketing Coordinator
Details: Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
4001 North 1st Street
About Second Harvest Food Bank
Looking for mission-driven work? Based in Silicon Valley, Second Harvest Food Bank of Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties is one of the largest food banks in the nation. Currently providing food to more than one quarter of a million people every month, Second Harvest is a trusted community-based organization that was founded in 1974. Despite the immense wealth in Silicon Valley, and partly due to the high cost of living, hunger and malnutrition are pervasive. The Food Bank distributes nutritious food, including more fresh produce than any other food bank in the country, through a network of nearly 320 nonprofit partners at more than 850 sites. Second Harvest is pursuing innovative efforts to increase access to food resources as it seeks to feed an additional 100,000 hungry people each month. To reach more people, it advocates for anti-hunger policies and connects those in need to federal nutrition programs and other food resources. To learn more about how Second Harvest is building a hunger-free community, visit www.SHFB.org.
About the Position
Are you a detail-oriented professional, with strong project management and analytical skills, and a demonstrated ability to work with content management systems and databases to support marketing efforts? Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the community with a leading and well-resourced nonprofit organization? Second Harvest Food Bank is looking for a Digital Marketing Coordinator to manage our website, support direct email marketing, monitor email and website metrics and support other functions, including leveraging the Salesforce Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform to enhance email marketing efforts.
You will work to better connect Second Harvest to donors, clients, volunteers, advocates and others in our increasingly digital world. You will be reporting to our Digital Marketing Manager, while working closely with the IT and Annual Fund teams and coordinating with other departments as needed. You will be the main point of contact for posting new content or updating the website, as well as making sure new website features elevate the user experience and complement our over-all website strategy. You will also be a resource for all departments to provide guidance and support for email marketing projects.
· An established and successful marketing program supporting services for the community, fund raising and advocacy efforts
· An extremely strong nonprofit brand and long-standing partnerships with leading philanthropists, private and public organizations
· A mission that brings all types of people together, which is widely supported and needed by the Silicon Valley community
· Nine-person marketing communications team in a collaborative and supportive environment
· Track-record of efficiently translating donor dollars into meaningful community impact
· Full spectrum of audiences from clients to donors and partners spanning all members of the Silicon Valley community
· A Bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years of experience managing deadline-driven projects
· Experience in content management system platforms (WordPress desirable), email marketing software (Constant Contact desirable) and databases (Salesforce desirable); experience with HTML or willingness to learn HTML preferred
· Excellent problem-solving, analytical and implementation skills
· Ability to support senior staff in completion of deadline driven projects and flexibly adapt to changing requirements and needs
· A critical eye for detail and a positive attitude for doing everything from reviewing and posting website content, to managing email campaigns from creation to execution, to reviewing and sharing campaign performance metrics to inform future efforts
· Comfortable working in office cube in a team environment and being immersed in projects on a daily basis
Reports To: Digital Marketing and Advertising Manager
Location: Cypress Distribution Center, 4001 North 1st Street, San Jose, CA 95134
Hours: Exempt, Full-time
UNDER-REPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Generous health benefits, Flexible Time Off (FTO) starting at 200 hours/year, ten paid holidays, and excellent retirement savings plan.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required