Blue School is seeking a candidate for a School Nurse- School Wide.
The School Nurse will be responsible for the healthcare of our students and staff members, management of the health office, and ensuring the health and safety of students by providing immediate medical care and accurate administration of medication when needed. The School Nurse will serve as an advocate, liaison, and consultant on health related issues and provides information to maximize the health and wellness of students, families and the school community.
- Promoting an optimal level of wellness among students and staff by providing emergency and preventative medical care, including necessary follow-up arrangements and health screening.
- Developing and implementing health plans for students with specific health needs.
- Monitoring procedures for the safe storage and administration of student medication for those with chronic physical concerns or conditions and medication for general dispensing in line with health regulations.
- Ensuring the school is equipped with first aid to be used in classrooms and field trips, as well as specialty first aid equipment such as EpiPens.
- Maintaining accurate student and staff health records in a confidential manner in order to provide health reports, statistical analysis and compliance.
- Monitoring students with health problems or concerns.
- Assessing the status of student and staff immunization documentation, when necessary.
- Developing and implementing school health policies in line with New York laws and health mandates.
- Train staff on health and safety practices in the classroom, first aid/CPR training, and other trainings in compliance with all DOH mandates.
- In case of a crisis, provide necessary direction to administrators to ensure the situation is managed in a manner that will optimize the health, safety, and well-being of the community, is in line with government guidelines, and minimizes anxiety.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing degree preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years of clinical nursing experience
- Specific Skills: High-level interpersonal skills with students, staff, faculty, and parents. Solid written and verbal communication skills. Familiarity with Magnus Health or similar database a plus.
- Organizational and crisis management skills, with the ability to multitask and remain calm in a high-pressure environment.
- Health assessment skills with the ability to intervene appropriately in emergency circumstances.
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate services between the School, local health agencies, and other community resources.
- Understand and maintain confidentiality and implement this within the School health office.
- Certifications/Licenses: Registered Professional Nurse, CPR/First Aid/AED
Please send your resume and a letter of interest to HR@blueschool.org with School Nurse in the subject line to be considered.
Blue School is committed to achieving a diverse workforce providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants. We value, respect, and celebrate differences. Employment is decided on qualifications, merit and school needs and not on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.