Details: Competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
Ednovate Charter Schools is looking to hire 3 social workers for our growing high schools in Los Angeles and Santa Ana. The School Social Workers will provide support for students' social and emotional well-being.
Ednovate launched its first school, USC Hybrid High, a personalized learning high school, in 2012. Since then, Ednovate has grown to five schools, with four in Los Angeles and one in Orange County. Ednovate is committed to serving in areas where students traditionally lack access to a quality college prep education by building tuition-free, safe and high-performing public schools to neighborhoods that need it the most. Ednovate is currently planning for our next growth phase as we continue to fulfill our mission to make a positive multigenerational change within the communities we serve and in our profession.
The School Social Worker is a crucial member on our team in ensuring that all of our diverse learners are provided with the social, emotional, and mental health supports that will allow them to thrive at school and in life. The Social Worker will work closely with students and their families and the Dean of Student Culture to help foster a firm, fair and caring school culture. The Social Worker will collaborate with teachers and provide professional development and support around best practices for social emotional learning and restoring harmed relationships. The Social Worker will manage the referral process and maintenance for 504 plans, RtI, and PBIS processes. The Social Worker will work with students both individually and in small groups based on need as outlined in IEPs and as determined through conversations and referrals. Ideally, the Social Worker will also manage social work interns and strategize workload to best meet students needs. The Social Worker will work with school administrators and the rest of the school staff and faculty to ensure coherence between the work of the Social Worker and that of the rest of the team. The Social Worker will be an essential member in helping students to prepare for college success and to make a positive multigenerational change in the world.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a PPS credential in the state of California
- Has experience managing Social Work Interns
- Has experience working with diverse groups of adolescents and with various traumas
- Strategizes student meetings, regularly assesses student progress, and maintains accurate records
- Initiates and maintains open communication with parents, caregivers, and families
- Is passionate about increasing the college attainment rate in educationally underserved populations and working with families of diverse backgrounds
- Has an unwavering belief in academic success for all students and commitment to our mission, discipline model, and vision
- Enjoys a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and is eager to build new systems or adapt existing ones
- Collaborates well with other adults and engages in healthy collegial conflict
- Finds joy in their work and thrives with autonomy, flexibility and accountability
- Is comfortable with a high degree of transparency and accountability for results
- Has excellent interpersonal skills, including strong cross-cultural communication skills with adolescents and families
- (Preferred) Multilingual (English/Spanish)
Wages & Benefits
The salary for this job is competitive and commensurates with experience; a competitive benefit package is included.
Interested candidates should begin the process by submitting an application through Ednovate's website. Direct links for each Social Work role are listed here:
- Esperanza College Prep (East Los Angeles): https://ednovate.applicantpro.com/jobs/776485.html
- East College Prep (Lincoln Heights): https://ednovate.applicantpro.com/jobs/677030.html
- Santa Ana College Prep (Orange County): https://ednovate.applicantpro.com/jobs/676991.html
Statement of Non-Discrimination
Ednovate does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin
Comprehensive benefits offerings including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, FSA and a retirement plan with a match.
Minimum Education Required