The Institute for Advanced Medicine (IAM) at Mount Sinai Health System, a network of five HIV clinics, is seeking a Development Manager to support the Development Director in maintaining and growing IAM’s multi-million dollar grants portfolio across government, foundation, and corporate funding streams. Support will include prospecting, grant writing, preparation of grant proposals, and maintenance of relationships with funders. The Development Manager will work closely with IAM’s management team, clinics and programs, to ensure current and new HIV prevention and care/treatment services are sustained and enhanced when possible.
Role & Responsibilities
- Works with the Development Director and other members of IAM leadership to set and meet revenue goals, including maintenance of current funding streams and establishment of new funding streams.
- Collaborates with IAM’s multidisciplinary program staff to understand program needs to inform prospecting and proposal development. Leads meetings to review request for, and develop, proposals and applications.
- Responsible for researching, writing, and editing compelling HIV prevention and care/treatment grant proposals.
- Responsible for generating grant proposals including supporting documents, coordinating with IAM financial team to develop budgets, and coordinating with the Grants and Contracts Office to submit grant proposals. Coordinates with Mount Sinai’s central Development Office to submit LOIs and proposals to foundations and corporate funders.
- Creates and maintains project management tools for tracking and monitoring prospecting, upcoming grant applications, submitted applications, and outcomes of each submission. Tracks statistics relevant to all development activities. Maintains a database of linkage agreements, letters of support, and memoranda of understanding with community partners and stakeholders.
- Establishes and maintains positive and productive relationships with government, corporate, foundation, and other potential funders and donors.
- A seasoned grant writer/development professional who demonstrates cultural sensitivity, excellent communication and diplomacy skills, a high level of organization, and extensive knowledge in HIV prevention and care/treatment program models.
- Must be able to work well independently as well as part of a team, multitask, and possess excellent follow-through, with the ability to work on multiple grant applications simultaneously.
- Must have high proficiency in Excel, Access, MS Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint programs and excellent database skills, along with experience in Internet-based research.
BA degree plus at least 5-7 years professional experience in grant writing and fund development. Master’s Degree preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter and CV/resume to the Development Director, Janet Goldberg, at email@example.com