134 West 26th Street
The National Museum of Mathematics (MoMath) is a growing institution that provides insight into the evolving, creative, human, and aesthetic nature of mathematics to a diverse audience of all ages. Its interactive exhibits and stimulating programs encourage inquiry, spark curiosity, and reveal the wonders of math. You can learn more about MoMath and its open positions at momath.org.
MoMath is seeking an experienced communications coordinator who will be responsible for internal and external communications in support of the Museum’s programs and mission, including drafting and sending mass email announcements, updating and maintaining the content of its website, and managing its social media presence.
This is a full-time permanent position that offers a full suite of benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with various Museum departments and staff to draft electronic communications, including emails, memoranda, and posts to various social media platforms
- Consolidate edits from multiple parties; prepare and send final communications
- Create event registration pages for all MoMath events; monitor and report on attendance progress
- Manage a busy schedule of regular outreach announcements and specialized communications
- Attend MoMath programs and eventsflexibly as needed; post photos and text to social media
- Review MoMath’s website weekly, ensuring that all pages are up-to-date
- Format entries and updates for posting on the website
- Respond to external feedback and inquiries within one business day; provide follow-up as needed
- Track metrics related to communications and provide monthly reports
- Minimum of three years’ work experience in a relevant role required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to write flawless professional correspondence
- Excellent grammar, editing, and proofreading ability
- Demonstrated record of outstanding organization skills, attention to detail, and the ability to reliably juggle and meet multiple deadlines
- Aptitude for Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, and WordPress publishing platform a plus
- Prior experience with CRM and email marketing software a plus
- Enthusiasm for and involvement with a variety of social media a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills, poise, energy, and enthusiasm
- Passion for MoMath’s mission and a highly enthusiastic attitude towards mathematics and/or museums
** Flexibility in scheduling, including the ability to work occasional evenings or weekends in accordance with the scheduling of Museum programs and events, is required.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line that includes “Communications Coordinator” and your name:
· A cover letter explaining how you meet these criteria
· A current résumé, including grade point averages
· A 150- to 500-word statement describing your views on mathematics or a life experience you have had related to mathematics.