The Career Network, is an innovative program that uses the evidence-based practice of supported employment
to help program participants achieve their employment goals. This position is located at CUCS’s Bronx sites. We provide services to both CUCS’s supported housing programs and to individuals with special needs living in the community at large. We work with individuals with various special needs including a history of severe and persistent mental illness, HIV/AIDS and/or a history of homelessness. Our services are person-centered, using a strengths-based, harm reduction model. We work collaboratively as a team of social workers to develop clinical and workforce development interventions to help our participants thrive as they try out challenges in the world of work. The program seeks to assist participants in their recovery path with the goal of assisting them toward living a full and satisfying life in the community.
The social worker position provides a full range of employment services to individuals and adjusts interventions as needed based on the social work’s assessment of participant needs. Direct services experience with population served by the program is preferred as this position is responsible for direct oversight of a caseload.
Clinical supervision offered for this position can be applied toward LCSW licensure or licensure as a Mental Health Counselor.
In this job, you will be able to work toward your LCSW by obtaining the necessary clinical practice hours and receiving supervision from a Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
Experience and Education Required:
• MSW required, LMSW preferred or a Masters degree in Mental Health Counseling.
• CUCS requires that all full-time social workers who provide services within the LMSW or LCSW scope of practice to have a license within 6 months from date of hire.
• Recent and upcoming graduates and experienced clinicians encouraged to apply.
• Relevant experience working with people diagnosed with severe and persistent mental illness preferred.
• Must have excellent outreach, assessment, written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to work effectively as a team.
• Bi-Lingual English/Spanish preferred.
• Computer literacy.
• Knowledge of entitlements a plus.
- Please be advised that you must upload your cover letter and resume in one document.
- Applicants will only be considered for positions they apply for.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bi-Lingual English/Spanish preferred.
Minimum Education Required