17641 College Road
Job Title: Associate Director of Enrollment Management
Reports to: Director of Admission
Last updated: February 11, 2014
Saint James School is a coed, college preparatory Episcopal boarding school in central Maryland, educating 240 students in grades 8 - 12. We pride ourselves in having a friendly, respectful, caring environment where students are encouraged to develop academically, athletically, spiritually, and in service to others. Saint James School offers our students a remarkably balanced experience that includes challenging academics, strong athletics, excellent fine arts, and thoughtful community service. The end results of a Saint James education are students that are exceedingly well prepared for success in college and a life of leadership and service in the years that follow.
The Associate Director of Enrollment Management, along with the entire Admission Office, is primarily responsible for enrolling the School with mission-appropriate students. The Associate Director supports that primary mission in three central roles:
- Representing and promoting Saint James School to prospective students and their families, and effectively managing excellent relationships with current, past, and prospective families;
- Co-leading the School’s social media and online marketing efforts; and
- Acting as the Admission Office’s event coordinator for on-campus and off-campus admission events.
In this essential role, the Associate Director will work collaboratively with colleagues in the Headmaster’s, Admission, Development, Academic and Communication Offices to manage prospective family relationships as they progress through the application and enrollment processes and to market Saint James School to its internal and external constituents via electronic media and admission events.
- Four year college degree or higher required Minimum of three years of admission work required, preferably at a boarding school
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills Excellent interpersonal skills and an engaging personality with the ability toestablish and foster positive relationships with internal and external constituents
- Possession of sound judgment, flexibility, attention to detail and creativeproblem solving
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, handling multiple assignments in a busy department while meeting deadlines
- Motivated by setting and attaining specific, individual goals Experience using social media and online marketing to promote schools Competency in using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint/Keynote, and databases- experience specifically with SchoolAdmin, Blackbaud, InDesign,
- and Hubspot preferred.
- Ability and interest in data analytics and data-driven decision making. Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally to promote the School; possession of or ability to expediently procure a valid passport
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enroll the School with mission-appropriate students Co-lead the School’s social media and online marketing efforts Coordinate Admission-related events on and off campus
- Engage as a full member of the community by attending seated meals,sporting events, and school productions
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with prospective, current, andpast families.
- Plan and execute admission-related travel Facilitate and manage prospective family campus visits, includinginterviewing prospective students
- Manage regular and clear communication with Saint James constituents:prospective families, colleagues, current families, current students, feeder school officials, alumni, educational consultants, trustees, etc.
- One evening of dorm duty per week and serve on a weekend duty team (ifliving on campus)
- Act as an assistant coach for a sport or activity Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Enrollment Managementor the Headmaster.
Qualified candidates should apply by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum Education Required