Details: Competitive salary commensurate with experience
240 Commercial Street
Habitat for Humanity Greater Boston is seeking an enthusiastic and results-driven individual to manage and grow our individual giving program. This is an exciting opportunity to become a part of Habitat’s development team and contribute to the mission of helping low-income families become homeowners.
The Donor Relations & Major Gifts Manager is responsible for coordinating the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual supporters, family foundations, and donor-advised funds. Our strategy is rooted in having strong donor retention and ensuring supporters are satisfied with their interactions with Habitat. We value relationship-based fundraising and seek someone committed to building long-term partnerships with our donors.
Each year, Habitat Greater Boston successfully raises $2.5 to $3 million in charitable contributions by employing relationship-based fundraising methods. This position is a wonderful opportunity to help the organization grow and achieve its goal of increasing annual charitable revenues to $3.5 to $4 million annually.
· Implement strategy for growing revenue, improving retention, and deepening relationships with individual donors including family foundations, trusts, and donor-advised funds.
· Develop and manage a portfolio of donors. Assist the CEO in managing her donor portfolio.
· Ensure the effective solicitation of individual donors through research and preparation of solicitation proposals; solicit contributions on behalf of the organization.
· Manage a donor relations plan that cultivates and stewards relationships with donors and appropriately recognizes their contributions.
· Identify prospective supporters, cultivate their involvement, and acquire new donors.
· Work collaboratively with Habitat’s development consultant on annual appeal letters, newsletters, and other donor communications and stewardship materials. Coordinate production and dissemination of all development pieces.
· Work collaboratively with the CEO and the Director of External Relations to leverage donor support and involvement around annual American Dream Awards Breakfast.
· Develop a strategy for increased online giving and integrated, multi-channel communication with donors.
· Manage organizational database of supporters. Ensure accurate tracking of all donor contact, fundraising activities, communications, gift histories, etc.
· Establish performance metrics by creating tools for measuring the effectiveness and return on investment of efforts.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills & qualifications:
· Two to five years experience in development or a related field. Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated success in individual donor fundraising and/or donor relations programs.
· Proven track record raising funds and building relationships with donors.
· Demonstrated understanding of the importance of top-notch donor service.
· Ability to think strategically and creatively.
· Ability to take initiative and manage multiple priorities.
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
· Ability to work as a member of a team, working collaboratively with others to reach common goals and objectives.
· Database experience and a demonstrated understanding of the importance of gathering good data, establishing metrics, and preparing reports.
· Willingness to work flexible hours when needed, including evenings and weekends on occasion.
· Commitment to Habitat for Humanity mission.
· Bachelor’s degree.
· Paid vacation and holidays. Employer-paid health, life, and disability insurance.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
· Send your resume and a cover letter specifically explaining why you’re interested in the position and how your experience could benefit Habitat Greater Boston.
· Your materials should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put your full name and “Donor Relations & Major Gifts Manager” in the subject line.
Applications will be considered as they are received; final deadline to apply is Monday, April 30, 2018