MHP Salud, a national non-profit, is seeking a Deputy Officer of Programs. MHP Salud
implements Community Health Worker programs, as well as provides support services to other agencies who wish to start -up or strengthen their Community Health Worker programs.
This position serves as the “right hand” of the Chief Officer of Programs (COP). As such, the position performs much of the day-to-day supervision of the program directors (PDs) and will be assigned direct oversight of a portion of the programming division. The full job description is available at https://mhpsalud.org/working-mhp-salud/#jobslink; however, noted briefly below are the key components of the position:
- Provides direction and oversight to the Program Directors to assure program needs and requirements are completed
- Coaches and mentors the program team/staff
- Ensures staffing plans are developed, resources are received from internal or external partners, and functional coverage is maintained for the programs
- Ensures either through oversight or creation, the presentation of all appropriate reports to funders, project officers, state and/or federal agencies, and others as required by law, policy, administrative ruling, or good management practice by the division
- Provides leadership and supervision in the creation of long term planning and needs assessment for division, function, and organization
- Assists in the development of organizational and programmatic budgets, as well as working cooperatively with units in developing the total organizational budget
- Assists in prioritization of funding opportunities and may participate in securing grants in conjunction with grant-writing team
The successful candidate will possess: superior oral, interpersonal and written communication skills; excellent management, organizational, supervisory and participatory leadership skills, including the ability to assess problem situations and resolve them quickly and effectively; ability to work effectively with staff and external entities to establish and maintain effective and healthy working relationships; ability to make data driven decisions; understand and utilize technology in everyday decision-making and communication; and ability to perform project work independently, assess options and suggest solutions, and implement chosen option upon direction.
Required Education and Experience: minimum of earned Bachelor’s in appropriate discipline; 4 years of progressive responsibility as a supervisor/manager; and ability to read, write, and speak Spanish and English required (bicultural -- Latino/Hispanic and Anglo -- experience strongly preferred).
Position location: Ypsilanti, MI; Weslaco, TX; Tampa/Orlando, FL or the TriCities/Yakima WA
Salary Range: $66,001 to $74,000 DOQ
Names and contact information for three work references will be required for candidates invited to final in person interviews, and official transcripts will be required before hire.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS or automated resume only applications will not be considered. To review the full job description, please see our website at mhpsalud.org.
Review of materials will begin on October 22rd, 2018. Virtual interviews will take place between Oct 29 and Nov 1. Candidates selected to move to the next round will be tested on their skill set the week following the previous phase. The final round of in-person interviews should take place around the 13th of November; the location will be determined based on the location of applicants.
Staff diversity and innovative programming make MHP Salud a fun and supportive work environment. The organization offers positions that challenge staff and inspire personal growth. At the same time, MHP Salud’s excellent, family-friendly personnel policies encourage staff members to model healthy living on all levels. MHP Salud believes in the importance of accessible and affordable benefits that allow you and your family to be healthy and plan for your future. As you join us in our work as a full time regular employee (in 017, less than 5% of our employees were part time or temporary), the following benefits begin on your first day of employment:
- For health care, we pay 100% of employee premiums, 75% of the premium for employee +1 plans, and 85% of the premiums for family plans. We pay 100% of the employees dental and vision plans, with the option to add coverage for dependents
- We provide employer-paid life insurance and offer you the ability to add more for yourself and your spouse and children, and carry excellent employer-paid long-term disability insurance for our employees
- You are immediately vested in our 403 (B) retirement plan with an employer contribution of 6.5 % of your salary with an additional 2% if matched by you
- In addition to 13 paid holidays, employees receive 12 paid Health and Wellness days per year, and receive 152 hours of leave in their first year (increasing in their 4th and 8th year)
Level of Language Proficiency
English and Spanish
Minimum Education Required