Details: Commensurate with experience
197 Portland Street
The Executive Assistant is the principle support staff for the CEO of an expanding and exciting nonprofit organization. S/he provides an essential communications and logistics interface between the CEO and senior management, development staff, donors, potential donors, constituents and board members on a day-to-day basis.
The Executive Assistant will have strong administrative, organizational, and communication skills. An obsession with details and the ability to plan and project potential pitfalls are an essential component of this position as well as the ability to plan meeting and travel schedules taking into account special requirements of the CEO.
The successful candidate works proactively, anticipating needs, conflicts, and opportunities. S/he possesses the ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information, and the ability to develop and maintain positive interpersonal relations with all levels of staff and outside contacts. The Executive Assistant will be able to work effectively both within teams and independently to accomplish goals and implement initiatives.
- Manage CEO’s calendar, responding to initial meeting requests within 24 hours of receiving them. Schedule meetings with internal and external constituents. Actively manage calendar and daily/weekly schedule of the CEO in response to changing conditions.
- Make travel arrangements and assist with travel expense reporting for the CEO; arrange complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries with ongoing coordination.
- Ensure CEO is briefed and prepared for all meetings. Manage creation, development and distribution, and proper notification for CEO Meetings; create agendas, briefings, and presentations.
- Assist CEO with the writing and editing of grant proposals, articles, reports, blogs entries, op-eds, and other public facing compositions.
- Receive and initiate extensive, regular outside contacts with executives, board of directors, elected officials, donors, charitable boards, foundation officers, partners and alumni business owners on the phone, via email, at meetings and in correspondence.
- Plan meetings of the staff, Board of Directors, Board committees, and other guests. Take, transcribe, compose, and prepare concise meeting minutes.
- Manage the planning and preparation for the board meetings, ensuring distribution of all documents at least 10 days prior to meetings.
- Resolve scheduling conflicts using good judgement and interpretation of policies and procedures.
- Anticipate CEO’s needs and proactively bring together appropriate people and other resources to support the executive in addressing issues. Serve as a liaison and follow-up with various senior staff to ensure that assignments, problems and concerns are being addressed in a timely manner.
- Support the planning and implementation of the Annual Appeal, working with a team of development and communication staff.
2. Maintain all records and schedules related to grant development and grant report writing and tracking.
3. With guidance, prepare grant reports on an on-going basis.
· 5-7 years of experience as a high-level assistant in a fast paced environment.
· Outstanding communication skills (oral, written, and interpersonal) in a professional manner at all levels of an organization. Strong spelling and grammar a must.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to anticipate, initiate, and advance multiple priorities and projects concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability in project management and implementation.
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information
· Ability to work under pressure and follow through to completion of assigned projects.
· Able to work independently and cooperatively with staff, professionals, volunteers, and corporate and other partners.
- Enthusiasm for taking on tasks both large and small.
- Progressive experience with Salesforce (or another customer relationships management database).
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook) and other on-line and cloud executive management resources.
Interise offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes health/dental/vision insurance, paid vacation and public holidays, 401K Plan with employer contribution, pre-tax commuter benefits, flexible savings account, and professional development opportunities (time and money). Interise observes a paid company holiday during the last week of the year.
Minimum Education Required