175 North Beacon Street
Associate Director of Training
Department: Career Launch Program
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Perkins School for the Blind, located near Boston, was the first school for the blind chartered in the United States in 1829. For over 180 years, Perkins School for the Blind has provided quality educational and residential services to students who are blind, visually impaired or deafblind, empowering them to reach their maximum potential. Perkins School for the Blind embraces diversity in ability, thought, culture and belief. We provide equal education and employment opportunities and value the unique talents and contributions of all of our students and staff.
A customer success expert who understands how to create exceptional customer experiences, and why they are essential to a business’s success. In addition, we want someone who has experience in training, coaching or managing young adults, preferably in a work environment. Our ideal candidate is an experienced and engaging lead classroom instructor, capable of organizing and running our 9 week program, and adapting over time it based on student outcomes. You will join a team of individuals who contribute to and support the program in various ways, including the teaching of blind and visually impaired young adults, as well as job placement and job coaching.
· Collaborate with our curriculum design specialist to help develop highly engaging education content and learning experiences.
· Own the delivery of the training program: lead our classroom learning sessions, bring in dynamic guest lecturers, and organize field trips and other off-campus learning experiences.
· Assess student learning and evaluate the student experience in order to continue to refine the program -- which we will be offering twice yearly -- going forward.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher with coursework in education, business, or related fields.
· At least 3 years experience working in an office or project management environment.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
· Experience with special needs populations
Perkins seeks to enhance its community of intellectually, culturally, and socially diverse individuals to enrich the educational experience of our students. Applicants from a multicultural background, are bilingual, and/or who have relevant life experience are encouraged to apply.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Benefits: We provide a complete benefits package which includes tuition reimbursement, medical and dental insurance, LTD and Life insurance, retirement programs and staff development and training.
Minimum Education Required