29-76 Northern Blvd.
Long Island City
Title: Social Worker
Unit: Better Living Center
Reports to: Clinic Director
Status: Full Time; Regular; Exempt
Job Code: TBD
Location: Long Island City
Days/Hours: Mon-Fri, generally 9-5pm, with one or two noon-to-8pm days.
Date Prepared: November 14, 2017
Responsible for providing ongoing psychotherapy to clients with histories of criminal justice involvement in an OMH-licensed outpatient clinic setting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Conduct client assessment and psychosocial interviews;
· Provide ongoing psychotherapy to a caseload of approximately 50 clients with a minimum of 35 scheduled sessions per week;
· Complete all case notes within 48 hours;
· Participate in case conferences with psychiatrist and psychiatric nurse practitioner;
· Opportunity to supervise MSW internship students (if SIFI certified);
· Facilitate a group for BLC clients (and develop new curricula if interested); and
· Other duties as assigned.
· LMSW or LCSW required;
· Minimum of one year experience in an outpatient clinic setting;
· Some work or internship experience in dealing with either significant psychiatric issues, trauma or incarceration;
· Bilingual Spanish-speaking preferred;
· Strong computer skills, particularly in electronic health records;
· Excellent client-engagement and counseling skills;
· Excellent clinical note writing and time management skills;
· SIFI certification a plus; and
· We seek talented, dedicated individuals from all walks of life who possess a strong commitment to this mission. Relevant personal experience is a plus.
Travel Requirements: May require travel to our Harlem location and/or NYC trainings as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply online at: