7 Temple Street
Position: Relief Residential Counselor (2 Positions)
Reports to: Family Shelter Director
Hours of Work: Nights, Weekends, Holidays
Location: YWCA Cambridge, Central Square
Start Date: ASAP
The YWCA Cambridge is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice freedom and dignity for all.
OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
The Relief Residential Counselor is primarily responsible for providing a safe and healthy environment for Family Shelter Residents.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Contributes to a safe atmosphere by ensuring that residents abide by program rules, policies, and procedures.
- Assists residents with daily living skills and housing searches.
- Completes necessary documentation (both hand-written and computer based/data entry) in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
1. High School Diploma or GED required.
2. Must be available to work evening, overnight, and weekend shifts.
3. Evidence of experience in a similar work environment.
3. Computer literate; proficient in MS applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, etc.…).
4. Excellent interpersonal skills to advise and resolve conflict among Shelter residents.
5. Must be sensitive to the unique and diverse needs of women and children and be supportive of the mission, vision and philosophy of the YWCA Cambridge.
The YWCA Cambridge encourages applications from individuals regardless of race, color,
ethnic origin, religion, ability and sexual orientation. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Minimum Education Required