5757 Wilshire Boulevard
The Actors Fund, a nationwide human services organization that helps all professionals in performing arts and entertainment, seeks a Manager of Special Events to be responsible for coordination, production, marketing and fulfillment of special events in Los Angeles and the Western Region.
The Manager of Special Events will work with volunteer leadership, Western Region management, Director of Special Events and Advancement department to find ways to increase sponsorships and other fundraising opportunities to ensure the continuance and growth of Special Events, Special Performances, and auction revenue.
Special Performances & Special Events:
- Coordinate plans with volunteer leadership and other supporters to secure corporate and other sponsorships and create additional strategies for increasing revenue.
- Coordinate meetings and activities of the Western Council Events Committee.
- Create an annual calendar of special events, including two standing major galas, and generate ideas for additional event opportunities each year.
- Formulate comprehensive event timelines.
- Prepare budgets and income plans.
- Manage the day to day responsibilities for galas, concerts, receptions, parties and other events as necessary.
- Supervise temporary employees and volunteers providing logistical support for events.
- Solicit, schedule and obtain tickets for Special Performances, blocks of tickets, and film screenings for cultivation.
- Facilitate Los Angeles House Seats for Inner Circle and In The Spotlight (ITS) members.
- Work with producers, theatre owners and staff, unions, guilds, industry representatives, city/government officials, and vendors to maximize revenues.
- Manage and foster relationships with company managers, production managers, producers, celebrities, donors, corporate representatives, managers, agents, publicists, media, and others to increase commitment and involvement in events.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5 + years experience producing fundraising events
- Superior project management skills and ability to manage multiple ongoing fundraising initiatives
- Negotiates effectively and solicits donated and discounted goods and services
- Experienced with Raisers Edge/Audience View applications
- Some travel may be required
- Event based hours outside of office hours, including weekend and evening hours as needed
- Some physical labor required in production of events
- Serve as a brand ambassador and representative in the community
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the company’s discretion
ABOUT THIS POSITION
This is a full-time salaried position based in the Western Region offices in Downtown Los Angeles. The Actors Fund offers a competitive salary, as well as a comprehensive benefits package, including: choice of multiple health and dental plan options, voluntary vision, flex and dependent care plans, employer-paid life and long-term disability insurance, supplemental life and disability, 401(k) plan with generous employer match, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off and paid parking.
ABOUT THE ACTORS FUND
The Actors Fund is a national human services organization that fosters stability and resiliency, and provides a safety net for performing arts and entertainment professionals over their lifespan. Through offices in New York, Los Angeles and Chicago, The Fund serves everyone in film, theatre, television, music, opera, radio and dance with programs including social services and emergency financial assistance, health care and insurance counseling, housing, and secondary employment and training services. Visit www.actorsfund.org.
For more about The Actors Fund, please visit: www.actorsfund.org.
The Actors Fund is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
A complete application will include a resume, cover letter and salary expectations.