525 East Cotati Avenue
The digital media manager is responsible for managing the Animal Legal Defense Fund’s websites, email blasts and other communications as needed. The digital media manager is responsible for managing and creating online communications to keep supporters up-to-date, and to introduce ALDF's work to new audiences. This position works closely with the associate director of communications.
The online communications manager bears primary responsibility for creating, managing, and evaluating aldf.org.
- Manages vendors, contractors, and consultants for website hosting, programming, maintenance, and design.
- Manages other outside contractors pertaining to online communications as needed.
- Manages online communications to assure that all online communications are on brand, on message, and using best practices for their respective formats.
- Maintains the usability and efficiency of ALDF’s website and incorporates SEO techniques and other best practices to drive increased traffic to the site.
- Creates reporting systems to track the results of online communications efforts for the department.
- Create basic graphics and choose, crop, and size photos for the website, following organizational photography standards.
- Stays informed on trends and advises staff on web and email blasts, making recommendations on branding, versioning, and format.
- Advises staff and outside as needed to ensure quality work product is maintained to ALDF's standards organization wide.
- As assigned, assist with the creation and publication of other on and offline communications content, including print graphics, writing assignments, etc.
- Administer ALDF's websites by managing content creation, and engaging in selective writing for website updates.
- Manage website images, taking photos, using stock photos, and manipulating photos in Photoshop as needed to maintain a consistently professional quality of online images.
- Manage creation of original graphics for distribution through online channels. Create graphics as needed.
- Manage creation of email blasts for distribution through online channels. Create email blasts as needed.
- Manage online database of supporters, related to segmentation, testing, and reporting.
- Research and implement new online tools for online advocacy and fundraising.
- Advise staff on content in coordination with the associate director of communications, with a focus on maximizing posts for use on the web and upholding content quality standards, emphasizing usability, sharability, findability, style, and maintainability. Serve as a final check before publishing and coordinate edits as needed with associate director of communications.
- Manage and/or perform daily maintenance, monitoring, and quality assurance of the site.
- Support Operations with maintenance of online store.
- Produce and analyze regular website traffic, email (open/click rates), and sales..
- Strategically enhance, strengthen, and increase the usage of ALDF’s website.
- Research and propose new features and technologies that will enhance usability and functionality of the website.
- Stay up to date on industry trends and technological developments related to our website.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience and minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to maintain attention to detail.
- Ability to handle fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Highly organized, with the ability to manage multiple projects, priorities.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including extended days and weekends.
- Able to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Must be goal-oriented, self-motivated, creative, highly-flexible and adaptable to change.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software and HTML is required.
- Experience with website content management systems like WordPress, and eCommunications systems like Engaging Networks, Convio/Blackbaud, ConstantContact or MailChimp preferred.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Background in animal protection and demonstrated commitment to the mission of the Animal Legal Defense Fund preferred.
Competitive salary, DOE, with excellent benefits, including; 100% employer paid comprehensive health care plan, including a flexible spending account, dental benefits, life insurance, generous Paid Time Off, a 401k retirement plan with employer match, up to 5% of annual salary.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required