Food Service Technician - Scheur House Brighton Beach $13/hr
- Job posted by Jewish Association Serving the Aging
Full Time Contract
Details: $13/hr 35 hours per week
3161 Brighton 6th Street
Under the supervision of the Cook, assists in the preparation, cooking and serving of meals while assuring adherence to Kosher Practices and sanitary requirements set by the Board of Health, funding source and/or agency, if applicable.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assists cook and/or assistant cook in cleaning and panning fresh food and packaging cooked food.
· Moves, unpacks and stores food and supplies. Receives and refrigerates all food stuffs as soon as delivered.
· Assists in maintaining order and cleanliness of food storage. Assists in taking food inventory.
· Does daily cleaning in the dining room and kitchen, including cupboards, shelves, racks, work surfaces, cooking equipment and utensils using sanitizers.
- Washes soiled dishes or pots using sanitizers.
· In the absence of a maintenance staff, may be responsible for cleaning kitchen, dining room and bathrooms.
· In the absence of the cook, assumes the responsibility for cooking and serving the meal.
· May be required to use knives and other kitchen utensils including but not limited to mechanical kitchen equipment (i.e. meat slicer).
- May assist in directing activities of volunteers.
- Performs other related tasks as requested or assigned.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
· May be required to obtain a Food Handler’s License.
- Must be computer literate, including ability to learn and use program-specific software.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, climb stairs and stand for long hours.
· Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and written.
SUBJECT TO REVIEW FOR PURPOSES OF ADAAA
JASA is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment
Union DC 1707 / Full-time Position / $13/hr 35 hours per week
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.