Ohoopee Regional Council for the Arts
ORCA serves as a rural art organization devoted to the promotion and appreciation of various art forms in relation to the needs and desires of the diverse population of the community. The provision of art activities is done in a spirit of cooperation with local existing arts organizations in order to best utilize the resources of the community.
- Performing Arts Series - Outstanding performances by internationally and nationally known artists.
- Really Awesome Performances for Kids - ORCA provides professional performances and workshops for Toombs County and area students. Study guides are mailed with information packets to all local schools and ten surrounding counties.
- Grassroots Arts Agency - ORCA serves as the re-granting agency for the Georgia Council for the Arts for an eight county region and administers grant monies provided through appropriations of the Georgia General Assembly for art events within each county. A regional advisory panel, consisting of local representation, reviews grant applications and awards grant monies to applying organizations.
- Scholarship - The Judi Frederick Memorial Arts Scholarship was established in 2001 after the tragic death of the ORCA Director, Judi Frederick, to commemorate her outstanding service and devotion to the arts in the Toombs County area. The $250.00 memorial scholarship is awarded annually to a high school senior who has demonstrated an interest in either the visual or performing arts.
- Central Box Office - ORCA provides box office services upon request to local arts organizations for ticket sales of their cultural events.
- Arts Advisory Council - ORCA serves as the base for this council, which meets informally at the ORCA office to discuss ideas, problems, and schedules. The council is made up of representatives from local arts organizations.